Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    physicsgurl2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Something from physics class
    Carol drops a stone into a mine shaft 122.5m deep.How soon after she drops the stone does she hear it hit the bottomof the shaft?
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

May 10, 2007, 09:46 AM
    use
    solve for t with y=-122.5 and put in the correct values for y0 v0 and a
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 10, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by physicsgurl2007
    Carol drops a stone into a mine shaft 122.5m deep.How soon after she drops the stone does she hear it hit the bottomof the shaft?
    Two parts to this problem: first you have to determine (a) how long it takes for the stone to fall 122.5m, then (b) how long it takes for sound to travel back up the shadt 122.5m. Add them together. So, do you know how to do parts (a) and (b)?
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

May 10, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Oh, I was in too much of a rush to remember to explain part (b). Nice catch ebaines. That'll teach me to be distracted!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Takeing a class [ 7 Answers ]

Next year I will be taking a class at JVS for 2 years I am 17 now I am planing on becoming a teacher and I love kids and I am wondering if anyone could give me a hand by giving me a heads up about this I am a male so if that changes it at all I know theirs not a lot of male kids will be the first...

I really like one guy from another class [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: but I'm too shy to tell him, what should I do?

Class assignment [ 4 Answers ]

I have an assignment in my ag mechanics class. I am looking for ideas. I'm coming up blank. I need to design as 12-15 minute activity dealing with anything ag mechanics, like woodworking, electricity or engines. Please help

View more questions Search