Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Abberline Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 07:31 AM
    Confused about Crown
    I had a root canal 5 years ago and a crown put on top, on the bottom right part of my mouth. It fit well and I experienced no pain. A month ago I went to the dentist for a bonding on the upper right side of my mouth and suddenly my crown began to hurt. It is very painful to chew, and it is very sensitive to cold. I don't know what it could be and I am afraid to ask the dentist. Can anyone help me and tell me what it could be?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 10, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Why would you ask us and not your dentist? That seems a bit silly doesn't it? My best friend is a dentist and always tell me teeth have one type of nerve, a pain nerve. The tooth is totally dead at this point so the pain you feel is likely just below the tooth. You may have developed an abscess. In any case tell you dentist since it is likely you'll need a script.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crown Lengthening [ 4 Answers ]

I have had crowns on my two front teeth for all of my adult life due to falling and breaking them. Recently one crown and tooth broke off at the gum line. Over the years (I am 56) my teeth had shifted and I had a small gap between my 2 front teeth that I hated. My dentist suggested making 4...

Is Crown Lengthening Necessary? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a tooth that is stable on three sides with a deep cavity. The tooth just had a substantial root canal and it is time for a crown. I have been told by the dentist and the periodontist in the same practice that a crown lengthening is necessary. This is a molar and has plenty of usable tooth...

Crown molding [ 16 Answers ]

I need help installing crown molding. Is it necessary to use adhesive as well as nails?

Crown Replacement [ 2 Answers ]

Three months ago I had a front crown replacement. This is the 6th replacement since a tobaggan accident I was in, in 1966. Yesterday I had a sneezing episode where I sneezed five times in a row and the crown popped out. Today I went in to my dentist and he said I need to pay for another new...

Crown Lengthening 2 [ 4 Answers ]

I recently went to a periodontist for a consultation for crown lengthening, and was told that aside from cutting gum away, he will have to take some bone as well. What is the recovery prognosis for something like this? Is there a chance that I will have chronic pain / sensitivity on the 2 teeth...

View more questions Search