Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 02:48 AM
    Anyone want to tell me what they think of this?
    Was chatting to me ex yesterday on MSN, when suddenly she said:

"I bet you breaking up with me was the best thing which ever happened to you."

I replied by saying "umm, you broke up with me and it was the worst. Then she invited me out to her birthday do. I said no, don't think so. ; / and she replied Y NOT. I logged off :P

Annoying! Personally I think I am over analyzing and she wants to get an ego burst/wants to see if she still has me. That's the third time she has mentioned our past, I should have said why are you brining it up? But I didn't :(

What everyone else think? Anyway ill send her a birthday card =D May be going out for a drink in a few weeks. Anyway so much to look forward to without her so who cares?
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

May 10, 2007, 03:17 AM
    It sounds like she still cares about you... and she is testing the waters to see if you still care about her. Her mentioning you breaking up with her was the best thing... she is really trying to figure out if you still have feelings for her, or if you are over her. I would just ask her plain out how she feels. Communication is important. Do you still love her? Do you want to get back together with her?
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 03:43 AM
    I do very much so want to get back with her but realistically I don't see it happening. I hope she has feelings for me but I can't tell, if she wanted to get back I am sure she would let me know about it! She hasn't

She broke up with me! Problem is I don't know what she thinks or anything. I do blame me in a way for the break up - I gave 100 % was clingy dependent etc! Not that she was perfect - Cheating on me once etc, chatting to all her ex's who she wasn't over!

I will see how it pans out over the next month - i.e. meet up for a drink. Keep it cool etc. Would rather take it slow and become friends! I want that, but if her ex's are sniffing about and with her snogging other guys I see it becoming to painful !: (

We broke up beginning of feb by the way. Dam! Ahh well up to her to make the effort :P
    missbeach123 Posts: 75, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 04:28 AM
    I don't know... I'm worried that you are going to slip down this slope, especially after all the great no contact advice you have been giving me. Even playing with the idea of getting back together with her might be bad for your moving on process. Plus, girls are all games, I got a boost by hearing my first ex tell me he still has feelings for me, even when I intended nothing for it. If you do decide to meet her, don't do it over a drink. That's a bad idea, you don't want to get too comfortable due to some tipsyness and make some bad decisions that you'll be writing about up here. Don't worry so much about if SHE has feelings, be selfish here, and figure out if YOU really have those feelings anymore, especially since she doesn't seem like the best girl... I don't know, you have given me such great advice on moving on, it just seems like meeting up with someone who you can't realistically see yourself getting back with is just playing with some seriously hot fire.
    missbeach123 Posts: 75, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 04:30 AM
    PS: Being clingy/dependent may be a turn off, but don't beat yourself up. I think I became clingy because I wasn't getting what I needed, why else would anyone in theory need to be clingy? So don't blame yourself. On the other hand CHEATING is a crime, one she's guilty of. Clingy is quite innocent, don't barate yourself.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 10, 2007, 05:22 AM
    I think she sounds rather like a diva. Like she is the best and taunts you with her messages. Maybe I am reading something different though, but I would not want to spend any time with her, not even online. It just sounds too risky for the emotional costs. She likes to collect men apparently, since she continuously talks to her ex's. That right there is a red flag. Does she want you for the collection of ex's?

Whatever you do, please be careful. Your heart is still wounded from all this.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 05:31 AM
    My opinion of her has dropped a rather large amount! =D

I will see how things pan out in the next month or so, if she wants to be friends or anything more she will have to contact me. I am a busy guy so will check my diary see if I can slot her in, probably not! Haha :)

She does have a bad habit of keeping her ex's in check! Dono quite what the personnel relationships are and would rather not know. Why should I just be another thing, chucked away @ whim! :]

Its strange that once the love has gone there just a normal person - a nothing and yet your past seems like a dream, which swept past so quickly never to be seen again...
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 05:37 AM
    I think the posts here are right on the money. Sounds like she is a bit bored at the moment and is yanking your chain. I think you are smart to move on and not get get wrapped up in any games she is playing.
    sypher373 Posts: 360, Reputation: 38

May 10, 2007, 09:05 AM
    You seem to have a great attitude toward it all, like you usually do, so I think your ready to handle anything that happens. You seem to be able to think through it all very logically and plan out what is going to happen in your head.

Its great to know that your not obsessing about it, or on the verge of dropping everything to go see her. I would definitely recommend being very careful though. You said yourself she likes to keep her exs in check, and you don't want to be another name on the list. :)
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Why are you even bothering with her. She is playing games to see if she still has you in my opinion. I wouldn't even bother responding to her.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

May 10, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Jiser yourve done so well to this point!! You did say you were over her, don't let her back in you will only be returning to thr beginning and she is just playing with your mind. You have given such great advice on here and this time I've got some advice for you. Go into your room sit on the bed turn all the lights of and close the blinds lay back and rest your head. Now imagine someone is there telling you there story which is going to be your story , say it out loud to yourself pretending it is coming from someone else and give them a response on what they should be doing. That is what you should do , you know what he answer will be, but try this out.
    hair2007 Posts: 135, Reputation: 6

May 10, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Can I ask why you would send her a b-day card?? For what, so she knows you are still there? She doesn't deserve that from u, if and when she wants to talk to you and mean it she will find u. believe me. What happened to the no contact??
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2007, 03:23 AM
    All true, less analyzing more fun :P

I don't know why I will send the card, I guess just as a nice gesture, what girl doesn't like a card on their birthday :P . Should let go but its so hard to ;P

In time it will become easier.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 11, 2007, 08:41 AM
    If you know she has a history of keeping up with exes, why do you think your any different? You are an ex, aren't you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search