Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HaLlOwEeN_672 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 10:54 PM
    Anyone have a cure for a broken heart that doesn't involve TV, lube&fingers or sugar?
    :confused: I'm totally confused... I don't know what I want out of life yet and I don't want this boy that I used to be with but I find myself missing him and I can't get over the fact that he isn't with me I want to start dating again because I'm not hideous I just can't get over him to the point were I can date . I can't even look at another boy let alone intruduce myself because I'm afraid the second I do he will come back and ill never have that chance again.. he is never coming back and doesn't love me and has moved on but why can't I? Any suggestions on what could help?

Its been like almost 2 years

Any suggestions will help
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 11:31 PM
    First of all that has to be the most original title to a thread I've ever seen.

Second, here's Chuff's secret sauce to getting over somebody...

I'd recommend making a list of things that you want to do in the short term only. Hang that list up so that you see it when you go to sleep and when you wake up and start working on those things. The more you focus on those things the better you'll start to feel and less you'll think of the ex.

I also recommend that if you don't have a gym membership you get one. Working out is a great way to get out of the house but also make yourself feel better. Get on a elliptical or stairmaster and just go for 10 or 15 minutes. Get off and rest and then do it again for another 10 or 15 minutes. I promise you, you won't be thinking about anything else other than what your doing. Plus it's healthy for you. Even if you don't get a gym membership take a walk, and go for long ones if you have the time. It gets you out the house, clears you head, and makes is healthy for you. If you have something else you like that's physical do that. Anything that creates motion in your body is good for you.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 01:34 AM
    1) Block him for your life completely.
    2) Keep yourself busy
    3) Improve yourself
    4) Do things you always wanted to do - like travel or start a new hobby
    5) Meet new people and don't put down an opportunity
    6) Exercise
    7) Party, enjoy life
    8) The best revenge is to be happy ;p
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 10, 2007, 01:57 AM
    I like the answer above.

Do you have any personal goals in your life other than seeking out a relationship with another person? I think that this is an important question for anyone to ask themselves.

It is best to know who you are and what you want out of life before joining with another person with what they want for themselves in their life.

Too often people think that they just have to have another person in their life in order to feel like they are complete as a person.

It is a mindset that is hard to get out of. But, you can do it if you try.
    phoenix1664 Posts: 226, Reputation: 19

May 10, 2007, 02:13 AM
    To be honest I don't think there is a cure for a broken heart.

Someone who touches your heart will always be there you need to paint over his picture and continue as the above answeres have said find a hobby. Try and keep yourself busy, it is not expected that you can just forget but you can block out, from your picture you are a good looking person and you should not bottle yourself up.

I hope you find what you want at it workes out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heart broken [ 6 Answers ]

I tried to contact someone I still have feelings for but I couldn't reach them so I had a friend to give them the message for me and they haven't called me I think he doesn't care I finally see that now I need advice on what to do because it 's hard to forget about it?

Broken heart [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get over a broken heart? Anyone?

Broken Heart :( [ 10 Answers ]

Ok so here's my sappy story haha... My ex-boyfriend Mike and I dated for aboutr a year and a half. We met through friends in July of '05 and he immediately pursued my like crazy. He would drop everything for me. He was my first boyfriend and my first love. We would see each other probably 2 or...

Broken heart [ 10 Answers ]

Ok Question Ive Been Married Twice I Finally Met A Guy That Meets All My Criteria. Well He Tells Me He Loves Me. He Has A Problem At Work And Tries To Find Another Job Out Of State So I Try To Stick With Him Even Though I Don't See Him But Once A Week And Don't Talk To Him Much. So Hes Out Of...

18-yr. Broken heart [ 11 Answers ]

When I was 23 (I am now 41) I was dating a guy who I fell madly in love with. At the time, he was 39. I stupidly broke up with him because I thought he was too old for me (even though I knew I loved him!). I was convinced that I just had to "bite the bullet" and get through it and I would...

View more questions Search