Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    choueangk Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 08:24 PM
    What makeup,hairdo to go with this green dress?
    The dress is green as in the picture. I'm the matron of honor at the wedding. I think I'm going to wear gold shoes and gold accessories. What make up I should put on? And what nail color? How many pieces of gold I should wear and where?(I already wear a gold wedding ring) What shold I do with my hair? My hair is long. very dark brown almost black. I have light brown skin and brown eyes. I have a round face.(I'm Asian, if that helps) Looking forward to your answers. Thanks in advanced!

Snapfish: Share Photo:Registration
    quaint11 Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

May 9, 2007, 08:58 PM
    What a BEAUTIFUL dress!

Have you thought about wearing pearls?

Earrings-the dangling kind, necklace, and bracelet. Pearls would add a very classy touch.

For your hair, I would do an upswept do [french twist and big spiral curls on the longest pieces]

Nails would look great with a french manicure. Do-it-yourself kits are available for $4.95 at Wal-Mart. You should do your toes, too... they'll look fantastic! And it will last for weeks.

I would also check with the other members of the Bride's party to see what color shoes they will be wearing. Often times the wedding party will match their shoes.

And for your make up, I would suggest a color with gold shimmer, using an even lighter shade to sweep between your eye lid and brow. Have you ever used green eye liner?

I did a makeover for a young woman with beautiful eyes like yours, and we applied emerald green liner in a V shape, beginning from the outside of the upper lid to a little over half way. Then followed with the liner on the bottom, on only less than half-starting from the outside, as well. Add a good mascara, and your eyes will get noticed, for sure.

It made her eyes look awesome. Give it a try before the big day to see what you think.

You are beautiful and your dress is gorgeous, too. :-)

May 9, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Dear quaint11,
    Thanks a bunch for the answer, very helpful. I've thought about wearing pearls but I'm lending my pearls to the bride so...
    Great hair idea, I wonder if it's easy enough to do myself? For wearing gold, will you still suggest french manicure? I was told to wear whatever I think is good. Other girls wear gold and brown shoes and they have different shades of green&dresses.
    Do you think the green color w/ gold shimmer will be good? Or should I use brown? And can I do smokey eyes or do you think I should stay away from any bold makeup? I've never used green liner, would be fun to try. Thanks for the eye liner tip. I have a question- at the out corner of the eyes, should I leave the space at the tip of the triangle or should I draw to make a full V? What do I do with the space left straight from the outer tip toward the hairline? (Obviously, I know very little about makeup;P) Where the eye shadow should disappear comparing to the horizontal line across the inner&outer? Should it stay along the horizontal line or should it disappear above the line like "/" shape?
    Thanks again, your answer is very much appreciated.
    K

May 9, 2007, 10:34 PM
    Glad you found my answer helpful. :-)

The french twist can be done at home using combs bought from your local drugstore or Wal-Mart. Depending on how thick your hair is, you may could use bobby pins to secure it. A big barrel hot curling iron will be great for curling your hair, or dry rolling your hair in sponge rollers before doing the french twist.

In wearing gold, a french manicure is beautiful and elegant, as well. A color which matches your eyeshadow will work just as nicely, too.

You could do the smokey eyes with a coal or grey liner and using a Q-tip to smudge the line for the effect. I definitely think the gold shimmer will look great with your green dress, with either a coal/grey or emeral green liner. I would practice different looks with the eye shadow until you find one that best compliments your appearance.

In lining the eyes, I would connect the lines of the upper and lower lids. You wouldn't want your shadow to extend past your brow line. If you could draw a line from the outer corner of your eye to your brow, this would be your boundary for shadows. I would keep the shadow above the liner of the lower lid.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how this works for you. Best Wishes! :-)

May 9, 2007, 11:12 PM
    Wow, what clear answers! I don't know how I can thank you enough!
    When I said"Do you think green color with gold shimmer will be good?" I meant as a response to your say " a color with gold shimmer" What do you suggest "a color" should be? The same color as the liner? Sorry my question wasn't clear. Or you ar etelling me that when doing smokey eyes, don't have to use eye shadow?Just liner and shimmer will do? I think I'm going to go with french manicure then. Just afraid to have too many colors. Thanks a lot for the lining explanation, believe it or not I never knew this before.
    Yah, I'm going to practice before the real event.
    You're so kind.

May 11, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by choueangk
    Wow, what clear answers! I don't know how I can thank you enough!
    When I said "Do you think green color with gold shimmer will be good?" I meant as a response to your say " a color with gold shimmer" What do you suggest "a color" should be? The same color as the liner? Sorry my question wasn't clear.

I think it was I who wasn't clear enough, my apologies. :-) When I said, a color with gold shimmer, I was thinking of AVON's Light and Luminous Face Highlighter palate. I was thinking the colors would be great to use as an eyeshadow. It has four colors-cream, copper, a khaki, and a soft brown-all four have a gold shimmer, making them "warm" colors which would flatter your skin tone and jewelry selection.

Learn more about this product: AVON Light & Luminous Face Highlighter specs at MSN Shopping

You get a great view of the colors when you enlarge the picture. As a sidenote, a comparable product can be found where ever beauty products are sold.

I'm not familiar with coming across many green eye shadows with gold shimmer, but if you have or can get some, that would also be a nice enhancer. Although, in which case, I would not use a green eye liner, but rather a brown-black.

Or you are telling me that when doing smokey eyes, don't have to use eye shadow? Just liner and shimmer will do?
    For the smokey eyes, apply your eyeshadow, and use a grey, coal, brown/black, or just black as a liner. The smudging with a Q-tip or sponge applicator, really makes the look. Gently sponge where you apply the liner on the top and bottom lines. When I apply dark colors, I try to use bold lines on the top and thin lines on the bottom to create depth.

I think I'm gonna go with french manicure then. Just afraid to have too many colors. Thanks a lot for the lining explanation, believe it or not I never knew this before.

Don't be afraid of multiple colors, as long as they blend together and don't constrast, they will accentuate your beautiful features. :-)

May 11, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Thank you so very much! I feel pretty confident now. (^__^)

May 12, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Wonderful! Thank you for the opportunity to help. :-)
    Gossip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2013, 10:39 PM
    I am really impressed to read out your blog about My Top 10 Makeup Must haves for the Festivals! You have given a good impression about the tips of make up by the assist of your blog. Thanks a lot mate. Carry on.

Latest Celebrity Gossip
    Kayla_Pink13 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2013, 05:01 PM
    I would look for a gold hairband/tiara, if not then a gold necklace and bangle, paint your nails a tone coser to your skin as your gongto be wearing a green drees with gold accessories, your air... I would curl it all (loose curls) and pin it to one side, and makeup, I would do a smokey eye but not black! Just do brown smokey eyes some mascara and clear lipgloss or you will kill the look with to mmany different colours, hope you have fun!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mineral Makeup, Good/Bad? [ 10 Answers ]

I have very dry skin and my skin has an uneven tone. I am pale with a few freckles here and there and some redness also (gotta be the Irish). Anyway, I was wondering if I used a good brand of mineral makeup, would this be a better alternative to other foundations? If anyone has used any type of...

Makeup Brands [ 3 Answers ]

What's the best bramd of makeup that you would suggest that is the most flawless on acne prone skin.

Where to buy mineral makeup? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I really want to try mineral makeup as I have acne scars on my cheeks that I want to hide and no liquid foundation seems to do the trick. The only place I've seen them advertised though are on infomercials and online though... is there department stores that sell them, or anywhere...

Where do you buy your makeup? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this site and I am trying to get stores to sell my fiance's aunt's new makeup line called about face by Pamela John. It is a mineral-based makeup line. The question I have for you all is where do you normally buy your makeup products? (department store, salon, independent...

Mineral Makeup? [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently heard about this. What do you know about it and what brands are best? Thanks

View more questions Search