Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

May 9, 2007, 01:12 PM
    First doctors appointment?
    I am pregnant and have my first doctors appointment on the 25th. I know that's a little far from now, but I was wondering what to expect, do I also get an ultrasound at this visit? They are having me see a midwife, but what do you all prefer? A doctor or a midwife? I honestly do not really know the difference. Sorry I sound so confused, but this is unexpected, and is my first. I couldn't be happier! Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 01:18 PM
    How far along will you be? If it is a 6 week appt. (which some doctors. Do) you can probably expect a vaginal exam and blood work, the normal pee in a cup type stuff... if it is a ten week... you can expect all of the above, and possibly an ultrasound... but not definitely. Depending on your insurance, you may only be allowed one. In that case they will probably wait until you are 18-20 weeks so you can learn the sex of the baby. This may all be different if you are in europe... I only know what its like in the states.
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 07:21 PM
    At my first visit all they did was ask me questions and make me fill out paper work &then they drew blood.

A week later I had to come back for avaginal ultra sound and a pap test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any good doctors left [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find me a doctor that will act concerned with my symptoms every time I feel like I am getting somewhere with my doctor something happens they move or get bs from my insurance and won't see me anymore. For about 2 years I have been experiencing extremely bad leg pains that have now...

Pregnant IUD in and Doctors can't find it [ 12 Answers ]

OK so the story is short, I have been on the IUD for 19 months now. A couple of months ago my IUD was giving me problems even making me think I was pregnant so I went to the doctor and they tucked the strings back around to make sure it was in place, well everything was going good for about 3...

Marketing to Doctors [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for way to market software to doctors. We have tried some of the usual methods, advertising in magazines, visiting trade shows and small test of mailing brochures but nothing seems to make a big impact. Any suggests? Perhaps we are in the wrong magazines and someone can point me to...

Should I go to the Doctors or Ride it out? [ 1 Answers ]

Good Morning, Here is my scenerio... I am 44, have ALWAYS had regular and normal periods, but have missed my last one completely... I would assume maybe the start of perimenopausal, except I have been having cramping every since the time I should have started and also dull pain in lower left side...

Problem with doctors [ 1 Answers ]

Nadia, I`ve come across another ethical problem with doctors, they are now using Biofeed back machines which were developed by the milititary as "Mind Control" devices... Originally the FDA band less (perhaps powerful versions) Over many years. Now they seem not to realise what was known as...

View more questions Search