Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissBethanie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Don't want to move
    My sister Millie Jo passed away February 06 aged 21 months, she died in a tragic accident, she got stuck down the side of her bed, and suffocated. Her death has ruined me and now we might have to move and I don't think I'd cope leaving her room, I know her memories are with me but, I find it comforting to go in her room, to think, cry just to be with her, I feel that she might be still there, I really don't want to leave her room behind, I don't know what to do, it up to my parents if they move but I feel I will lose my Millie.
    Bethanie xxxx
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Miss, I am sorry I didn't see this post sooner. This is so very sad and tragic. I am so sorry honey. You are still grieving for your sister and you are not ready to let go. What you are feeling is so normal. I don't know the reasoning behind your parents moving but sometimes, when a parent loses a child, they need to remove themselves from the place that keeps reminding them of that loss. The pain can be too much for some people to bear, and they feel they won't be able to constructively move on with their lives until they start over in a fresh new place. Moving is something that a lot of people do when any loved one passes away. Because this situation is out of your control, I think it would be a good idea for you to speak to your parents about how you feel. Maybe you can come to a compromise. Will they be willing to allow you to keep some items of hers that reminds you of her, such as a blanket, or stuffed animals? What is it that you know she absolutely loved of her toys and possessions? What is it that will make you think of her every time you pick it up? Those items are the ones you should keep with you in your new room. You can create a small area in your new room that will be a "memory place" for you. Such as, on top of a dresser you can place a few of her favorite possessions on it, pictures of her and the entire family, Loving note cards that you have written to her, a piece of her clothing. Whatever gives you a sense of comfort as her bedroom does now for you. Doing this will allow you the time you need to get through the grieving process in your own time and in your own way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't move on [ 2 Answers ]

Something is terribly wrong its been 6 months and I can't move on!! Simply I haven't gotten over her, and it is starting to negatively affect my life, and love life. We are still friends, and she still hurts me.. I know but she means well, she is to strong of a person to show emotions back so it...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

Still can't move on [ 9 Answers ]

Hi wondering if anyone can help. I split up with my ex 6 months ago. He finished the relationship, I did not want it to end. Since we have split we have remained friends and have continued to see each other often resulting in us sleeping together. He says that he doesn't want to be with me at the...

I can't get my EX to move on [ 4 Answers ]

My EX keeps talking to me about working things out. She pukes at the idea of me being with a new girl. She has a new Boy friend I tell her be with him she tells me I want you. If I iqnore her then she seems to try harder. This has been the worst break up ever. I am having trouble letting her go. I...

Can't move on! [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend finished with me around 2 months ago. He has a new girlfriend now but I can not seem to move on. I have not been chasing him or trying to contact him or trying to get him back or anything. Its just I cannot seem to move on. Any advice?

View more questions Search