Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MESSR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 09:44 AM
    F disc
    I have a computer with windows xp home edition. My computer crashes every two weeks. I use the restore disk and its good for a little while. I want to find out how to f disc my computer and clear it out and start over
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 9, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Make sure you save all the data you want to keep.
    Here's a good visual step by step: Windows XP Home Fresh install from CD
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 9, 2007, 10:19 AM
    The only purpose of FDISK is to delete the partition info to start anew. Using a RECOVERY CD does a similar thing. So if the problems reoccur you are doing the sames things to slow your machine down
    Uber Member

May 9, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Scott,
    Doesn't the Recovery CD revert the PC to the OS and apps as it was when it left the manufacturer?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 9, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Exactly, usually it stores an image of the disk at that time, restores the system to that image.
    Uber Member

May 9, 2007, 10:42 AM
    I forget - does it format the whole drive and do a fresh install or keep the old Registry? If it's the former then that's an option for him, if it's the latter then it's not an option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Formating disc [ 7 Answers ]

I have win 98se.installed. Iwant to format my hard disc. Iwant to make three partitions. Pls explain in detail the steps for formating and installing window xp. Thanks

Creating xp disc [ 3 Answers ]

I have purchased a second hand computer which has xp loaded on it but it did not come with an xp disc. I want to transfer the required files from this computer to make a bootable disc so that I can re-install if it is required later. Thanks

Slow d drive disc [ 6 Answers ]

My computer isd slowing down too much I have 40% free space in the c drive and only 4% in the D drive I think I have to increase the size of the D drive to make the computer work better How do I do that

Chk disc [ 11 Answers ]

Hi Folks, I have checked the sit, I thought this would have been on here but its not. All of a sudden in the last weeks my PC has started to do two strange things. It takes approx 3 to 4 minutes to close down, it hangs on the "Windows is shutting Down" screen before shutting off. Then when...

Once I Have Made A Disc, Can I Make Copies Of The Disc Uncopiable? [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah erm, I have made a disc consisting of some word and excel files. I would like to sell this disc as it is interactive and can benefit people. How do I copy the disc so people can use it but cannot re write/copy it on their computer and sell it on? :rolleyes:

View more questions Search