Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atmMatrix Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Discount car rental issue
    Hi
    I rented a van from Discount truck and car rentals last August. I had bought their insurance as well. They call me today out of the blue saying that they were audited in Jan 07 and it turns out that the damage to the roof was not covered in the insurance.

They now ask me to pay 6K in damages/admin feees/ loss of use etc.

Suggestions on how to tackle this?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 9, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Let's start with was the roof damaged to that extent while you were in possession? What circumstances cause the damage to not be covered, most damages are covered so what is their angle? Do you have insurance on your own vehicle? Often your insurance also covers rental minus the deuctibile. Last but not leased do you have a copy of the insurance you bought from them or can you go and get another copy? Sorry no answers yet because I need this info for the picture.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2007, 11:08 AM
    I am sorry 6000 in damages, the entire roof would have to had been crushed in, sounds like you need to deny every things, dig up all your old records and hire an attorney

May 9, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Hi guys, thanks for the replies. The damage occurred when it went to an underground garage. The damages were bascailly scruff marks on the roof. The roof has no dents.
    Neither did it cave in. In terms of the actual documents, I have requested it from them, will upload them the moment I get it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 9, 2007, 06:14 PM
    "bascailly scruff marks on the roof. the roof has no dents." and theyclaim $6K. Someone is trying you for a sucker. Hang up and call their corporate headquarters and ask them to look into this. Give them the name of the person who called you. The scuff marks were covered I'm sure.

Jul 10, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Well guys, after sending them a letter than I am not paying, they have forwarded the case to the great loveable CBCL. What are my options now?
    Dispute it? If yes , how? Send them the standard dispute letter?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car Wreck Issue [ 1 Answers ]

I need some advice from anyone whom might be familiar with this situation. My roommate was involved in a wreck last week and has no insurance on her car. She was driving home from work at around midnight and another lady on the opposite side of the road fell asleep at the wheel and hit my...

Can rental car expenses be reimbursed after 4 years? [ 2 Answers ]

In 2003, my husband was driving home with our children when he was involved in an accident. Our car was hit in the side by a driver that went through a stop sign while attempting to cross the 2 lane street. My husband had no controls on his street (no stop sign, no light). We only had one car at...

Discount cards [ 1 Answers ]

So the question goes like this: customers who spend $100 will receive a $20 gift card that can be applied to their next purchase. Gift card exp. In 3 months, gross profit is 50%. What I need help on is journal entries, how would I account for it, and if the card is redeemed or not redeemed.

Frustrated... need help with mold issue in a rental... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... it seems that my landlord takes me a just another stupid tenant. I reported to his office (he's a big-time realtor) that I feel there is mold in the mobile home that I am renting.They called me back and told me that 'he', the realtor (and name of the company), was coming by 'himself' to do...

Discount Tire [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone I had bent my rim and I took it to Discount Tire to get it fixed. They sent it off to Cali to get re chromed and fixed. They told me it would take 2-3 weeks and told my husband 3-4 weeks. The job actually took 3 months, they gave me a discount on it and were really rude because they...

View more questions Search