Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessica713 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 08:04 AM
    My Aunt's.Lover?
    My Aunt is only 4 years older than me. I love her to death. She has 2 children that she does not have custody of. She only sees them on the weekends she can afford to. She lives with her mother, my grandmother. She has numerous problems. I would love to help her, but she doesn't listen to me. For one, she falls for guys way too fast. After her and her ex got divorced, she moved in with his brother just as a roommate. Well, they ended up having an affair(brother is married with 2 children). He convinced her he was going to leave his wife who was expecting and also at the time in another state with their daughter. Well, he didn't, and it tore her up. I don't know if it was true or not because she wasn't even sure, but she thinks she was pregnant with his child. Well, she has been with guys since then, but only for one night stands. She has recently met this guy who lives next door to her. It has been a few months. He is active in the military and is leaving for Iraq at the end of the year. Here's the problem. She spends so much time with this guy who doesn't even acknowledge them as being a couple, just bedbuddies, she doesn't pay any bills at my grandmother's, who needs all the help she can get, when she gets her kids, she sends them to her mother's and heads next door to this guy. She buys her kids things to occupy them while they are next door. Her oldest is starting to question her grandmother about why her mother doesn't want to be around her and her brother. She is upsetting her mother and me as well because she is so stuck on this guy who is leaving! I hope I made sense with all of this. She called me a few days ago telling me that she told him that she loved him and it scared him so bad that he told her he needed some space. She is so lost, she needs help, but is too ignorant to do anything about it. I think maybe she is afraid to be alone. But those kids don't deserve to be treated that way. How can I help her?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2007, 08:47 AM
    You can't, in fact while you care, it is really none of your business,

She just sleeps around, some women are that way, and care little for anything else but personal pleasure right here and now. You will see posts of dozens of them on here a day. Then after bad thing happens they don't understand why. ( and don't want to accept or take responsiblity) Expect most likely for her to end up having another baby or two by some of these men, and as soon as he is gone to Iraq, she will be bouncing to another man.

Her mom needs to step up and do some hard love, perhaps kick out the daughter for not helping around. But sadly being a lousy mom is not much anyone can do things about.
    Jessica713 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 10:38 AM
    It is my business when she asks for my help, and I don't know what to tell her. She always asks me for help, but she never listens. She is hurting her kids. Do I tell her about this or butt out and keep it to myself?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lover? Or just friends? [ 8 Answers ]

OK here is my problem... Me and this girl have been really good friends. During most of the time we have gotten to known each other I have been with someone else and so has she so being just friends was perfectly fine with each other. However near the end of my relationship with my ex I started...

Aunt's rights [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a issue trying to see my nieces. My sister doesn't have custody of her kids and moved away. But the people raising her kids only have gardionship of them and won't let me see them very often. In fact, it has been since December since I have been able to see them. Every time I call they...

My lover wants space? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everybody. My girlfriend and I have been going out for 8 months now and found ourselves falling in love with each other just 3 months into the relationship. We are both in our 2nd year of uni at oppostie sides of the country and both have very demanding courses. When we're both at home during...

Animal Lover [ 1 Answers ]

First off, I am a major animal lover:D If I could buy a load of land and take abused and abandoned animals and take care of them I would. My problem is this: I work with 37 men and 1 other women and the men know how I love animals. Last summer a kitten got into our dumpster at work and some...

All music lover [ 2 Answers ]

Does any one knows anythinf about Rhianna and the songs she sings.:p

View more questions Search