Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sai Ramadasu Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Consultant and Employee
    Differentiate between consultant and employee. Who will receive a good pay. How to calculate professional tax for Consultant. How to calculate tax for an employee. Who is receiving a salary of Rs. 20000/-
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Employees normally have benefits, health insurance, life insurance, disability, vacation pay and the such. An employee has a company that pays 1/2 of the social security tax and pays unemployment taxes.

So as a consultant you have to pay all of your own taxes, have to buy your own insurance and have no benefits. But then you have a lot of tax deductions available as a consultant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mary Kay Consultant [ 6 Answers ]

I am an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay and I have invested about $1900 in the inventory. Was that a smart choice? Any suggestions would be great. And what is the best way to conduct this business??

H1 consultant working in other state than company [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on H1 visa and I work for a company which is in Texas. Presently I am in California, working for company's client. My payroll is run by company in Texas and they apply Texas State Tax(No sate tax) and Federal Tax on my pay check. Do I need to pay California Income tax ?

Management Consultant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello buddies,I am a holder of a bachelors degree{honours} in Economics,I desperately want to be a Management Consultant.will you good people tell me what to do now?I want to get a masters degree by coursework, commencing this October in either of Marketing;Industrial Relations and Personnel...

View more questions Search