Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BATGAL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Replacement Ink Cartridges for CHIP-Based Printers (like MP600)
    Hi,
    My question is about COMPATIBLE Replacement INK CARTRIDGES. I have a Canon MP600. The cost of a full set of replacement ink is about $80 CDN at the minimum. These cartridges come with a chip.

I am wondering if anyone had any success using COMPATIBLE ink cartridges (BY REPLACING THE CHIP thingy). Some say the ink quality would really decline; others say the printer would get messed up.

If someone (from personal experience or knowledge) can recommend going the "compatible" way for these CHIP-BASED cartridges, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks people :)
    markcarter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BATGAL
    Hi,
    My question is about COMPATIBLE Replacement INK CARTRIDGES. I have a Canon MP600. The cost of a full set of replacement ink is about $80 CDN at the minimum. These cartridges come with a chip.

I am wondering if anyone had any success using COMPATIBLE ink cartridges (BY REPLACING THE CHIP thingy). Some say the ink quality would really decline; others say the printer would get messed up.

If someone (from personal experience or knowledge) can recommend going the "compatible" way for these CHIP-BASED cartridges, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks people :)
    Hi

I am having the same problems however I get an error message 6502 which I have to find out what it means. I have order more ink and may have no use for them if I can't get the printer to recognised the ink but taking off the chip of the old printer and put it on the new one. If you get any response to you problem let me know at [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I scan to PDF when my MP600 has ink problems? [ 3 Answers ]

I love my MP600! AND it's telling me that my larger Black ink cartridge can't be recognized. I've removed the cartridge and put it back in, and all the red lights are on like they should be, then I close the cover, and I get the same message. I've ordered a new cartridge, but in the meantime,...

Generic ink cartridges [ 10 Answers ]

Do generic ink cartridges harm a printer --Lexmark-- and if so how? I had used them successfully in the past, but this time one of them doesn't work. The black doesn't print. Have I damaged the printer? Is there anything I can do?

Ink jet printers [ 1 Answers ]

?? I've had 3 computers and have had 3 printers and HAVE USED WIND. 98, 98se AND NOW Xp . My printers were Lexmark Z22, cannon i320 and Hp 3322. In each case they all print approx. 33% smaller then what shows on the monitor! Is this simply a fact that all printers print 33% smaller or is it...

View more questions Search