Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hellcarrier67 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2007, 08:38 PM
    What is heaven?
    I have my own ideas of what I think heaven is but I've always wanted to ask church officials and people who have read, or herd, the bible if they can explain what heaven is according to the bible?
    pree007 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Heaven is a state of mind which you once reached ,cant disttinguish between hell or heaven
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

May 9, 2007, 12:19 AM
    According to the Bible it's the spiritual realm or location where God and his angels reside. It was designed for spirit creatures, not creatures of flesh and blood.

1 Cor. 15:50-56

(DT. 26:15; 1 KINGS 8:30; PS. 33:13; ECCLES 5:2; ACTS 7:55; MT. 6:9).

May 9, 2007, 01:36 PM
    So is that saying that we on earth will not join god in heaven , or that only our spirits will pass on, and if so are we meant to feel and experience happiness or will we feel anything at all? And also what of hell?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 03:29 PM
    We get what we believe we will get. Think heaven and you get heaven think hell and you get hell.
    -

May 9, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcarrier67
    so is that saying that we on earth will not join god in heaven , or that only our spirits will pass on, and if so are we ment to feel and experience happiness or will we feel anything at all? and also what of hell?

The Bible speaks about humans gaining entrance into heaven administrative purposes. But they must become spirits first. Happiness will be experienced in heaven.

Happiness

Excerpt:
    Heavenly Happiness

This is the happiness of the perfect environment and perfect conditions of heaven which will accrue to every believer. There is a special blessing and happiness in heaven for believers who matured spiritually in time and received wonderful blessings from God during their lives. Because of this, they will also receive even more wonderful rewards in heaven. These heavenly rewards are over and above the normal grace happiness of heaven which will be possessed by all believers in eternity as seen in Jude 1:24 and Ephesians 1:18.

To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy-- (Jude 1:24)

I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, (Ephesians 1:18)

Here is an article about hell

If Hell is Real

May 10, 2007, 09:33 AM
    That Website Really Makes You Think
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

May 11, 2007, 04:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    According to the Bible it's the spiritual realm or location where God and his angels reside. It was designed for spirit creatures, not creatures of flesh and blood.

1 Cor. 15:50-56

(DT. 26:15; 1 KINGS 8:30; PS. 33:13; ECCLES 5:2; ACTS 7:55; MT. 6:9).

The senior pastor in our church told me this
    "You live in a body, you possess a soul, and you are a spirit."
    So spirit creatures is an apt term, because it is soul and spirit that travels to heaven or hell upon release from the body, while our hopefully beautiful corpse is left to rot.
    Heaven is a place where you will always feel gods prescence, you will be able to gaze upon his face, and feel his indescribable love, always, and be able to serve him for eternity in heaven.
    Hell is a place where god is completely cut off from you.
    -

May 11, 2007, 09:23 AM
    There is another view concerning the word soul:

The Bible Meaning of "Soul": AN ANIMAL LIFE OR BODY SUBJECT TO DEATH -- NOT IMMORTAL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does heaven look like [ 100 Answers ]

How could I describe heaven and what it looks like?

How to get into Heaven? [ 8 Answers ]

The other day my 8 year old asked me if she had to be baptised to get into heaven. This question totally took me by surprise. Although I believe in God, I honestly do not know the answer to this question. I became baptised when this child was in my belly. Does that mean she was baptised then too? I...

WHEN you get to heaven [ 11 Answers ]

How old will you be in heaven?

Who sings the song Heaven o Heaven.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere do find out who sings that slow song that goes "Heaven o Heaven can you help me, Iam down on my knees please heaven, heaven, heaven, I close my eyes and shes all I see heaven o heaven can you help me" The group or singer sort of sound like Boyz II Men Please...

Heaven [ 1 Answers ]

According to the Bible, in Heaven the saints will praise God for all his glory forever and ever. This does not sound like my idea of Heaven!! Standing around singing God's praises for the rest of eternity sounds, in fact, like nothing more than a super-big ego trip for God. If that is so, then...

View more questions Search