Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dixiedavis Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Online diploma
    Is there a accredited/legal online university that offers a diploma based on life experience/job experience?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 8, 2007, 11:55 AM
    If you look down at the bottom of this page, you will find links to questions that have been similar to yours. You might find some information in them to be helpful to you. I hope that you do.

Oops! Scratch that. Most of them are about high school. Let me try again. Thank you.

If you do a Google search using the following words: online degree life experience accredited, you will find many. But, I would be cautious and carefully check out any site first before sending them any kind of payment.

Please read the following from About Online Degrees - Your Gateway To An Online Education

Online Degree
    With the advent of the Internet the mode of eductation has changed drastically. From distance education the word has changed to Online Education where the method of teaching has become virtual.

Online Degrees are available all over the Internet from valid accepted Universities to fake Diploma Mills that churn out diplomas without need for anything other than cold hard cash.

While the advantages of the Online Degree providing colleges are many the fact remains that the fake diploma mills are adversely affecting the reputation of the legitimate degree providing colleges.

Legitimate Online Degree College vs Fake Diploma Mills.
    Universities and colleges online have to be accredited and the best ones like Phoenix University are, but there are again, the 'life experience' degree providers like the Belford University that create fake accreditation agencies and then accredit themselves, causing students looking for shortcuts to believe that these are legit institutes and are merely showing them the way out.

However, when all online degree holders enter the practical world looking for a job carrying their 'online diplomas' these fake diploma holders cause the legit degree holders to lose out as potential employers lose faith in the 'online degrees' so many of which are useless.

The result is what a study reports, "A Vault.com study reports that 77 percent of hiring managers say that an online degree received through an established university such as Duke or Stanford is more acceptable than a degree earned through an Internet only university like Capella or Jones International." The assessment may be unfair but with so many fake diploma mills employers are unwilling to take a risk.

Some of the ways in which to identify legit Internet Degree Providers?
    • Check accreditation of the online degree at US Department of Education
    • Check legitimacy of the Internet University at Council for Higher Education Accreditation
    • Write to the Diploma Mill Police that authenticates Internet Institutes of Education.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Simply put NO there is no accredited college degrees in the US using life experinece.
    misselbrookmadhouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 02:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dixiedavis
    Is there a accredited/legal online university that offers a diploma based on life experience/job experience?
    Hi have you tried open university and do a post graduate degree.
    zelophehadwebster Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Sep 29, 2010, 12:06 AM
    As far as accreditation and credibility is considered, there isn't any US based accreditation body verifies such degrees. You should join a reputed online university that offers flexible programs for you depending upon your course of interest.
    mariannacolon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2013, 09:36 PM
    Yes. There re a lot of accredited online schools that can provide you various online courses. You can use your online diploma if you are looking for a job. Online education and traditional school is still the same. They can still offer you great learning that will help you in your future someday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Online high school - diploma [ 7 Answers ]

My son, age 18, had to withdraw recently from public high school in CT due to medical/psychological reasons. His grade have dropped significantly this past year or so, but credit-wise he is only short .5 (half) a credit in English 4. His doctor could write a letter requiring the school to provide...

Online High School Diploma [ 3 Answers ]

Can I get a high school diploma online for free

Diploma mills [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, My question is about diploma mill from some institutions, I would to understand ''Unaccredited institution'', Does it means that they grant Diploma mills? Thank you in advance for your clarification Edouard kamangaza

High school diploma [ 2 Answers ]

I gradutated from a christian home school in San Diego,Ca. in 1991. I am looking for a way to find the school or find a web site to locate my diploma.

Do I need a high school diploma to... [ 1 Answers ]

I didn't know, witch thread to put this under but do I need a high school diploma to go to a trade school or college class. And how much would it cost to get my diploma online?

View more questions Search