Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mo1ra1000 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Silent light pull switch!
    Hi, does anyone know who makes SILENT light pull switches as mine seem to be very loud especially in the middle of the night.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 9, 2007, 05:44 AM
    Find them at your local hardware store. Lotsa options: Toggle... sliders. Lighted and unlighted. But, if you're not familiar with handling electricity, you'll need a pro to do the install. Call around first. Look in your phone book for an electrician/handyman?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 9, 2007, 12:32 PM
    The said pull switches. Are these for ceiling fans?

May 11, 2007, 10:01 AM
    It is only for light. I just want a quiet light pull switch.
    shader Posts: 235, Reputation: 12

May 11, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Never "heard" of a silent type pull switch:) Due to the mechanical nature of their construction I don't think it's possible to make one. Not saying it's not out there somewhere, just never seen one. Maybe ceiling fan guy has them that can be adopted for a light??

May 12, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shader
    Never "heard" of a silent type pull switch:) Due to the mechanical nature of their construction I don't think it's possible to make one. Not saying it's not out there somewhere, just never seen one. Maybe ceiling fan guy has them that can be adopted for a light????
    Thanks... I live in hope of a silent light switch! Maybe someone could invent it just for me and then I could get some extra Zzzzzz;)
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Some pullchain switches are quieter to others, you can try a few replacements until you find one you like. Lights normally use a simple 2 wire switch.

May 16, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair
    Some pullchain switches are quieter to others, you can try a few replacements until you find one you like. Lights normally use a simple 2 wire switch.
    yes I guess I'll try that, thanks for your response.
    wysiwygUK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 07:08 AM
    get a dimmable pull cord (near silent)

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/sis.html?_kw=BATHROOM+PULL+CORD+DIMMER+DIMMING+LIG HT+SWITCH+CHROME
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2010, 08:39 AM

Although the click is loud, I bet the lights Brightness doesn't help sleeping either.
    I Take it you are Not doing this. Maybe tell someone to leave the Light off when you are sleeping?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2010, 09:12 AM
    Thread is from May 2007, and is closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New pull chain switch for ceiling fan light [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I just purchased a new pull chain switch for my ceiling fan light. The lead wires coming down are white and blue. The wires on the new switch are black, blue and red. Normally these are simple installs but I need help on how to wire these due to the different colors. Thanks!

New 4 wire pull switch [ 1 Answers ]

My harbor breez ceiling fan pull chain broke inside the switch I bought another 4 wire switch I wired it up but it doesn't work I assume because of the wires. The switch is a harbor breeze switch 33905 the back has openings for 1,2,3 and L . My wires are orange yellow, purple, and black ...

Pull cord light switch [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled the cord from my pull cord light switch. What should I do? Do I have to replace the whole fixture or can I replace the cord? OHH!! Before I forget the cord is totally pulled out. There is no cord visible. I haven't take the fixture off Thanks for all the help:confused:

Converting pull switch lights to wall switch [ 3 Answers ]

I've been struggling finding the answer to this in books and online, it seems as if it should be an easy question and something that gets done all the time. Looking for some help. My basement has several rooms and all lights are wired "hot" with pull switches from each light receptacle. When the...

Pull switch [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know how to replace the cord in a pull switch? Thanks

View more questions Search