Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Piggley Winks Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Investment opportunities for international students
    Hi,

I am an international student with my F1 student visa. Also, I have my SSN since 2001.

Am I eligible for the following investment opportunities?

- CD
    - stock
    - mutual fund
    - loan certificate
    - foreign currency
    - eBay

What other opportunities can be involve in?

Thanks!

-Piggley
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 11, 2007, 01:31 PM
    You can make ALL those investments and more. To my knowledge, there are no legal restrictions on investing while under a F-1 visa.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Refund for International Students [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, A lot of my friends and myself are under the impression that international students on J1 / F1 get a full tax refund. I am not sure if this is completely true. I am from India on J1 and under academic training and hence giving a lot of taxes. Also, if you have used any professional /...

European Scholarship for International Students [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Guys! I am Rey Celiz, a graduating student from the University of the Philippines majoring in Film and Audio-Visual Communication. I am expected to graduate this April and planning to pursue a master's degree in filmmaking someday. I just want to ask if there are available scholarships or...

Benefit of Scholarship for international students [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please give me some points how do international students get benefited by an scholarship?

International Students [ 1 Answers ]

I have searched a lot of sites for finnancial aid and scollarships all round the Internet. I am stricly interested in for a schollarship in an Enlgish speaking country e.x. USA, UK, Australia. I have also contacted and visited sites of many Iniversities from the mentioned countries, but in every...

View more questions Search