Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katcoyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Sick Min Pin
    I have a 7 year old min pin who was fine yesterday but when she got up this morning she did not even want to go outside to use the bathroom and still has not. She just lays around and is very lethargic. What could be wrong. Do pets just have bad days like we do?

Thanks for your help.

Kathy
    irie20024 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Remember becareful with the pet foods, have you watch the news lately regarding the tainted pet food? Becareful get him or her check for Parvo, call a vet and ask them questions on what to do.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 8, 2007, 10:25 AM
    I have moved your post to the Dogs section of the forum where hopefully our wonderful Rubypitbull, or our "resident" expert Labman will see it soon.

Medical Conditions & Diseases are usually for us Alpha Dogs.

But please run don't walk to your vet. If this was your child wouldn't you be at the pediatrician's by now?

Good luck, I hope all goes well.
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

May 8, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Kat-just a few questions. Did your dog have a lot of exercise the day before? Is it unusually hot? Has she eaten anything other than her normal dog food? Is she on a routine dewormer once monthly prescribed by a vet? Has she had her teeth professionally scaled in a vet office?
    Lethargy is unusal but may not be a time to panic. You do need to call your vet, advice is free over the phone.
    Things that come to mind: overexersion, soreness/arthritic changes, irritable bowel, ingestion of foreign body, parasitic issue, elevated liver values, dental disease-check for redness, tartar or pus along gum line. (This bacteria can make it's way to other organs and give infections.)
    Check with the vet and let us know!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My min pin [ 1 Answers ]

My min pin was spayed, she is a year old now, she has lately been acting like she wants to mate with my wife's feet,specifically the toe.there is no blood involved and I asked the vet and she said that this is strange behavior.is it

AZ min. Wage? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knows what the minimum wage in Arizona is?

Max and min points [ 1 Answers ]

How do you find the maximum and the minimum point of a qudratic eqaution?:D

Help me plez just take 5 min [ 4 Answers ]

OK I really still like my ex a lot and all my friends tell me he still likes me.but somedays when I see him he is so nice to us but when we all talk about how we need to talk this over he says I don't want to talk to you guys right now.but he calls me sometime and whenever I c him he just stares at...

Min. Daschund is too attached [ 2 Answers ]

I can't seem to get my min. daschund to stop following me. He is 3 months, and every time I sit down he crawls in my lap. He also crys very loudly when I leave him (whether it's alone or with someone else). I have only had him for two days, and I don't understand how he can be this attached in such...

View more questions Search