Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tony G Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Heat recovery or not
    I had a Frigidaire FT3BC-030K air conditioning unit installed 3 years ago and I was told that the manufacturer did not recommend that my heat recovery system be hooked up to this type of high efficiency unit because it will put too much of a load on my compressor or pump.
    True or false?
    Tony G.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 8, 2007, 10:55 AM
    First of all what type of heat recovery system? Is iot one that uses the residual heat to make hot water? Is it a heat pump model? We need more info to make a logical decission.

May 8, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    First of all what type of heat recovery system? Is iot one that uses the residual heat to make hot water? Is it a heat pump model? We need more info to make a logical decission.
    Thank you for your time.
    The unit is a type that also supplies heat for my house. The recovery system would make hot water for my electric hot water heater. The unit is a Frigidaire, 12 seer, heat pump, split system. I hope this helps.
    Tony G
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 8, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Looks like you will have 30,000 useful in heating BTU's you are wasting while your A/C is running. If your into energy saving you can use your recovery system to do jut that.

Actually by removing the heat from the high pressure gas you will be doing your A/C a favor in reducing the pressures. Unless you know how to install it you will need a professional with experience on this type of recovery.

The big question is weather or not you will violate your units 5 or 10 year compressor warranty by modifying the system for the recovery unit?

May 8, 2007, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    Looks like you will have 30,000 usefull in heating BTU's you are wasting while your A/C is running. If your into energy saving you can use your recovery system to do jut that.

Actually by removing the heat from the high pressure gas you will be doing your A/C a favor in reducing the pressures. Unless you know how to install it you will need a professional with experience on this type of recovery.

The big question is weather or not you will violate your units 5 or 10 year compressor warranty by modifying the system for the recovery unit?
    Thanks again

This will help in my decision.
    Tony G
    FL-HomeOwner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Tony,

I too find myself in a similar situation, every contractor who has come out to estimate a replacement A/C system has been reluctant to reconnect the heat recovery unit that I have been using for the past 10yrs on my current A/C unit problem free. You cannot beat having free hot water for the months the A/C runs.

Still I am not sure if I want to reconnect with the possibility of voiding the compressor warranty as has been stated.

Did you decide to reconnect yours and with which A/C brand is it paired too?

Thanks in advance.
    Paul

Jul 14, 2007, 03:45 PM
    I did not hook it up. After more research I found out that the manufacture didn't recommend it and it would be voiding my warranty. But because it is such an efficient unit I did notice that during the cold months my electric bill did not change at all from when I had it hooked up before (except for price increases) My unit is a Frigidaire 12 seer Extra High-efficiency air conditioner. I hope this helps. When it was hooked up on my old one it worked great.

God Bless
    Tony Giaccone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer recovery [ 4 Answers ]

I have a HP dv 5000 laptop, less than one year old. It has crashed two times now, and in my frustration, I have done the PC recovery option. So, it sets it back to factory settings. Is there any way to make the computer recover to a later date? So, now, I have to redo everything on the computer,...

Password recovery [ 6 Answers ]

Please help me recover passwords to the following e-mail addresses: [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

Data Recovery [ 5 Answers ]

I have a hard drive that crashed, I want to recover files, so a put it on a PC as a slave and able to see the files.the trouble that I'm having is some of the file that I want to access will not let me access them.how do I access these files?

Recovery disks [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sirs: Is it possible to buy or get recovery disks for my midwest micro computer that is 9 or 10 yrs. Old. I replaced the battery, but it didn't help. The computer is asking me to put in a start up disk that I don't have. We always used the computer just for games and never had it hooked up...

View more questions Search