Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lloydster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 05:44 AM
    Celing lighting
    Hi folks. I'm new to this d.i.y business and am just needing some advice. I'm going to change a light in the bathroom but on inspection there are 4 wires in the existing rose ( 2 grey wires, a red and an earth) but only enough terminals for 3 in the new light.
    What do I do? Heeeeelp
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 8, 2007, 07:02 AM
    What country are you from? Each country has different color codes. I suspect the red is hot, the grey is neutral, and or course earth is ground. The two greys should be able to connect together under one terminal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Celing fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have two Harbor Breeze celing fans w/remotes and the one remote will not operate the fan or light I have to use the wall switch to turn and turn off the light and the fan does not work. The second one the light won't work with or with out the remote or by turning on the light swirch only the cord...

Celing fan lighting [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to get my fan to work with the chain and the light with the light switch

Celing Leak Sometimes [ 8 Answers ]

I have this townhouse for last 20 years. From the day I bought the house I have seen 3/4 times a year ceiling leaks in the dining area. There are two bathrooms upstairs. Here is the repairt history - I had got tiles of the master bathroom redone in 1995 based on a plumber recommendation. The...

Flourscent celing fixture [ 1 Answers ]

Hey thanks for helping ! I work in an office that has many floursecent ceiling fixtures and one fixtures four bulbs quit lighting. Opened the drop down and changed all 4 four ft bulbs and they worked in the other fixture. Though it was a ballast, then noted there was a small red light and...

Mounting a new celing fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just moved into a new home and trying to mount a celing fan in the bedroom.The builder have already installed a wired mounting, so I had no problem mounting the fn, but wiring is another story! There are 3 outlets coming out of the wiring housing: First have 1 purple, 1 yellow and 1 white...

View more questions Search