Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

May 7, 2007, 07:04 PM
    I just got a BFP!
    Wow...I am very very young, but I am ecstatic! I thought I had no symptoms, but my stomache has been feeling a little odd lately, more hungry then usual, boobs are sore, have to pee ALL the time, I cried on that Reba McEntire commercial (you know the whirlpool one?) which is pretty weird for me since I am not a real emotional person, and mystery headaches. I thought it was all PMS symptoms since AF is due today.... well since I hadn't started, (I am pretty regular so this was odd for me) I figured I'd get a cheap test. Well I just took one about 15 minutes ago.... and it was a light, but sure positive!! At first I just thought "what do I do?" But then my legs started shaking, my heart pounding, the biggest cheesiest smile on my face, and ready to cry. Wow. I am a college student, so is my fiance. We have a new house, we have great jobs, and are financially stable... I still feel scared. Now we gotta tell our parents! Ahh! They live three hours away and we are going to visit them on Mothers Day weekend. I made both our moms a homemade photo album of my fiance and I. I decided to put a pregnancy test attached to each and a baby sock and maybe a bib that says Grandma... what do you think? Also my fiance comes home at ten tonight and I dont know how I should tell him. We've talked about if we were to ever get pregnant and he said he wouldnt mind and that he knows we can do it becaue there is nothing we can't do together. SO I am very excited to tell him, but dont know how. Anybody have any clever and easy ideas??!!? Thanks!
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

May 7, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Now I know mothers day may not be the best time to tell our mothers, but I want to tell them in person and because of work, this is the only time we will be able to go down a visit them and see them both at the same time. I don't want to wait to tell them because then they may be upset that I didn't tell them right away... But I WANT to tell them right away because I want them to be here with me through the WHOLE thing. I know they may be a little upset but lately they have been talking about being grandmothers. SO they'll get over it pretty quickly. Also for the past few months my mom kept telling me she was having dreams of me being pregnant and having a boy... I guess it's a mothers intuition!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Congrats on your news. Your idea of the photo albums with the tests and booties etc on it are very good ideas. As far as telling your husband, there are lots of ways you could tell him. Unfortunately right now I am really brain farted out because I am really tired, and the only thing coming to mind is the way my brother told my parents. It was pretty funny, but not the choice for everyone. Basically he told my mom that his wife " has a parasite. It will take about 9 months to run its course, and will end up looking a lot like them" or something along those lines. Haha. My mom at first was astonished that he would tell everyone his wife had a parasite and told him he shouldn't embaress his wife by telling everyoen. She eventually caught on. HAH. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search