Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meion Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Dead beat dads
    The father of my child does absolutely nothing for my son, if I go and file child abandonment do I have to have his social
    :mad:
    Nighteyes Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Sorry to hear that he does nothing for your child. But don't go labeling dads as dead beats... it takes all kinds.. and there's just as many if not more dead beat mothers out there. Fathers don't get a far shake!
    In your case I'm not sure if you need the numb or not, I'd personally take it to court if the father can't be resoned with by talking too first.
    krystal1973 Posts: 100, Reputation: 22

May 8, 2007, 06:03 PM
    You do not need his social security number but gather as much information about him as you can. Were you married or not?
    sueb673 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 08:21 PM
    To file for child support no, but as much information that you can give them the better chances that you have. Address, employer, birthday, family members and their addresses. Hope it helps!
    Sueb673

Quote Originally Posted by meion
    the father of my child does absolutly nothing for my son, if i go and file child abandonment do i have to have his social
    :mad:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2008, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by krystal1973
    You do not need his social security number but gather as much information about him as you can. Were you married or not?

Doesn't matter - child abandonment laws vary from State to State and are very strict. What State?

In some States abandonment occurs only when the child is endangered through the neglect or abandonment of the parent, for example, dropped off at a bus stop.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 04:50 PM
    What's up with all the OLD posts coming back up again ? Yet another from early '07
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 08:13 PM
    I think does not matter how old if someone comments on it it shows as " new " because it was an inactive post.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 04:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3
    I think does not matter how old if someone comments on it it shows as " new " because it was an inactive post.

Wonder how anyone finds the old ones? I just answered my own question. They use the search feature, I'll bet. I wish some of the "old" posters would come back with updates. Some of the answers are pretty involved, some are not in agreement and I always wonder how things actually worked out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dead Beat Dad [ 1 Answers ]

My situation is this: I live in Georgia and my ex husband and I divorced 3 yrs ago after 3 yrs of marriage. We have 2 children age 13 & 6. After my divorce was final I began seeing someone else and we are now engaged. My ex husband has had no contact with my children since the divorce was...

Lien against dead beat dad [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband is a dead beat dad and has made no child support payments since our divorce in 12/06. Child Services will take 6-8 weeks to begin their processes of enforcement. So, since he own a house (with his brother and the house may soon be repossessed by the state) can I file a lien on the...

Dead Beat Dad! I need advice! [ 2 Answers ]

I will try to sum this up as quickly as I can. My daughters father (my ex) has tried to get out of so many responsibilities since the day we divorced. The last time I took him to court which was about 4 months ago, was for child support to be set at the full 17%. I have tried to strike deals with...

Another type of dead beat dad [ 11 Answers ]

Im a single mom as well, with just 1 child. The father is behind 6 months in child support and behind a year in medical reimbusments. But that is not my question. Here's the background of the case: We have an extensive mediation agreement, which grants me the right to live in the family home...

View more questions Search