Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasv Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Apr 12, 2005, 11:04 AM
    Tankless heater for Radiant floor heating
    I read somewhere that you can't use a tankless water heater for hydronic floor heating. Yet the tankless heater I purchased (Nortis or something like that), specifically states that as one of the applications. Is there anything I need to be concerned about?
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Apr 12, 2005, 02:59 PM
    It may shorten the life of the heater. Regular heating boiler is make of steel or cast iron... if they said it work.. it will work... I'm also interest in put one to supplement my electric heat (( to save at least $500 yr)...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tankless water heater [ 13 Answers ]

Tom, how are you doing? What are your thoughts on these tankles heaters? Are they really able to do the job of supplying all the hot water you need? I will have a large whirlpool tub, one shower, and the obvious other stuff. Washer, dishwasher, and sinks through out the house. Will they support...

Tankless water heater issue [ 4 Answers ]

I recently replace my water heater with a tankless water heater. I purchase the Aquastar 250SX gas unit. The unit works great if I'm running hot water only. It will continuously give me hot water as long as I want it. However, when I want to reduce the tempurature by turning on the cold water,...

Tankless Water Heater [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking to install a GAS tankless water heater and I read that you need an area of 750 sq ft of combustable air for this unit I want to install. My question is; Does that mean that this has to be a wide open area because my basement is 1000 sq ft but it is framed out into 3 rooms. All rooms...

Tankless water heater-good or bad? [ 6 Answers ]

We are going to need our ancient water heater replaced soon. We have been considering the tankless ones. I understand you get instant hot water only when you need it. Are these worth the extra money or are we better off with a new regular one. Thanks.

Tankless Water Heater venting [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Can anyone tell me why you need to use stainless steel pipe for venting on a tankless gas water heater. What would happen if you connected to existing galvanized steel? Any info would be appreciated.

View more questions Search