Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerry1844 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Traction Cable
    How do I replace the traction cable on my Toro 20016 self propelled lawn mower? I can't even figure out how to get the black protective casing off.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 09:30 PM
    Hi, Jerry!

I would like to give you an answer to your question. But, unfortunately, I can't. There may be someone on this site who can. But, we seem to get a lot of questions concerning lawn and garden equipment that go unanswered.

I care about your question being answered. So, I do know a site where topics about lawns, gardens and lawn maintenance machine issues are the specialty. You might like to give it a try. Here is the link.

Lawn & Garden Tractors Forum - GardenWeb
    wutafuta Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 11:45 AM
    First to remove the plastic casing you have to go underneath the lawnmower one 3/8 bolt is located about midways up the cover and another near where the transmission is. After you remove the cover you will need some pliers to press the black cable attachment through the hole that's holding it... then remove the spring from its hole and take the nut off where its help at the top of cable near the brake handle. To install the new cable take the bolt holding the top cable 'holder' all the way out and slide new cable through and replace the bolt. You can then install the rest of the cable the same way you got it out. You may have to adjust the tension on the cable you the lawn mower goes fast enough or doesn't run away from you. Hopes this helps yah! Courtsey of halls small engine repair in aiken sc. -Matt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Traction Control System and Brake Light Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX V6. Recently, the Traction Control System (TCS) light on the dash has been coming on, but upon turning off and restarting the car, it disappears. This has been happening on and off. I went to my Honda dealer's service department and they did a diagnostic test on the...

BX (AC) cable [ 1 Answers ]

My electrician just installed new wiring in my house. It is of the aluminum wrap type. The roughing in was done and the cable left hanging down in the cellar. It was laid between a water pipe and a painted 80+ year old poured concrete wall. In a period of about 2 months, there is a rotted 5 inch...

BX Cable [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for cutting BX armored cable without buying a special tool? I just have to cut two wires to tap into the line but am a little afraid of damaging the wires inside. Thanks. Dave.

View more questions Search