Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    medaves Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Kenmore Washer 3 yrs old
    We purchased the washer 3 years ago. March 6, 2007 washer would not spin all the water out. We had a local repair company diognose the problem as a Bad transmission and was told the transmission would be under warranty at Sears. Sears repair person came out and replaced the clutch and gear case. Now, May 6, 2007 the washer does not even spin water out at all. I called our local repair people again and they said this time it is the coupler. My question is, would the transmission cause the coupler, clutch etc to brake? Or is this just because the washer is 3 years old? It is only my husband and myself here. No excessive washing.
    Mary Bernard
    bikerguy Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

May 7, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Door switch like the rest of us just had? Just replaced mine as instructed on here had same problem water in tub... The door switch was slowly going bad, it would work at times then was getting bad really bad thanks to this site it was the door switch!
    MissAdvice Posts: 63, Reputation: 9
    -

May 7, 2007, 10:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by medaves
    We purchased the washer 3 years ago. March 6, 2007 washer would not spin all the water out. We had a local repair company diognose the problem as a Bad transmission and was told the transmission would be under warranty at Sears. Sears repair person came out and replaced the clutch and gear case. Now, May 6, 2007 the washer does not even spin water out at all. I called our local repair people again and they said this time it is the coupler. My question is, would the transmission cause the coupler, clutch etc to brake? Or is this just because the washer is 3 years old? It is only my husband and myself here. No excessive washing.
    Mary Bernard
    I feel your pain, had a similar problem months ago, however it was covered by my home warranty. However you should send this complaint to the BBB in your area, and perhaps they can better motivate them to do more. In the future, I would also like to suggest a home warranty, for a yearly fee it covers all of these areas. As in my case, when my dryer broke, they were unable to fix it, and it was fully covered, they gave me a new one. If you are working from your home warranty in this matter, contact the BBB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer dryer combo 110-92966-102,washer agitates for a little then it stops. [ 0 Answers ]

Kenmore washer dryer combo 110-92966-102, The washer will fill and it will agitate for a little bit for about a minute, then it will stop before finishing.When it stops there is no motor sound.No matter what I set the knob to it will not start up again,but if I wait several minutes it will...

Kenmore washer [ 1 Answers ]

My kenmore washer makes a clicking noise when it goes into spin cycle. What is causing this?

Kenmore washer [ 1 Answers ]

We have drain problems with our Kenmore washing machine. It's a basic 2 cycle washing machine. Because of the elevation of our septic system the builders had to have the washer drain first into a pump tank which then pumps it up and into the exit drain for our septic system. Anytime that the...

View more questions Search