Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anonymousteen09 Posts: 30, Reputation: -2
    -

May 7, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Pregnant? At 15?
    I am 15 years old, turning 16 next month on June 14th. I had sex for the first time on Saturday.. It is Monday right now. I had sex around my ovulation time. I've cried numerous times and I don't know what to do. My best-friend knows and my sister knows. He didn't use a condom. He pulled out though and I know you can still get pregnant by doing that. But he told me that he's done that before and the girl didn't get pregnant and I believe him. Plus, I heard that guys that do drugs or have done drugs have weak sperm.. Roddie use to do drugs... My entire life would fall apart if I was pregnant and I am crying typing this out. I have no one else to ask or talk about this with that's why I'm writing. I am planning on taking a pregnancy test but I don't know how long I am supposed to wait. My period is really really wacked out. I get it at different times of the month, and sometimes I skip a period. My mom was going to put me on birth control to regulate it but she didn't. I am so scared. I don't know what to do. It was my first time. I always wanted my first time to be special but it wasn't. This was a huge mistake and I am so scared.. please help me? What am I suppose to do? When can I take a pregnancy test? Am I pregnant? Please help me.
    Sincerely,
    Anonymous Teen
    xxAngskixx Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

May 7, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Hi I've just turned 16 and have a current boyfriend who I have sex regularly and we have only used protection once! That isn't a good thing I know but what I'm trying to say is yes it was your first time and yes you didn't use protection but don't panic! I f you are seriously thinking you are pregnant you can take the morning after pill free from a clinic/ doctors... they keep everything confidentual (cant spell lol) so no one like your parent/s will find out! But hurry because you have to take it within 72 hrs though!!
    charlyjefferis Posts: 95, Reputation: 4

May 7, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Hunni,

You can't rule out the possibility that you could be pregnant as men can have something called pre- befoe they . You can get pregnant from this.
    When was your last period? You can take a pregnancy when you're a few days late.

X
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 08:04 AM
    I know you are scared right now, but the best thing that you can do at this time is to calm down. You know your body best, and getting stressed is not going to help things any bit. Chances are, you wouldn't know you were pregnant for at least another 2 weeks or so... so taking a HPT is not going to do anything. I would also suggest going to your local planned parenthood or teen clinic (as the above poster said, it is private) and get the morning after pill. You are too young to deal with a pregnancy, and definitely too young to deal with an abortion. I would also discuss with them about getting on some birth control pills to help regulate and protect yourself. They will offer them at a discount to you. I would suggest in the future, to make sure you are absolutely ready for sex before you have it again, 15 is too young you are not emotionally or physcially ready to carry a child. And I would also like to clarify that anytime you have sex, protection or not, pulling out or not, you run the risk of pregnncy or STDs. Good luck to you, and please, please, please be more careful in the future. You are so young and have your whole life ahead of you. I would hate for that bright future be dampened by the stress of a child or the destruction caused by an STD.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 08:18 AM
    As you've been told, pre- does contain sperm, and the man doesn't know he is releasing this. So even if he did pull out, there is still the pre-. Also, pulling out is not a reliable form of birth control at all. Just because he managed to not get women pregnant before, it was all a game of luck. It doesn't mean it couldn't be the opposite in your case. You said you aren't sure when to expect your next period, yet you knew when you were ovulating? How many days after the first day of your period did this happen? I would suggest that you wait at least 28 days since the first day of your last period, before you take a test. Then it might be wise to repeat the test a few weeks later, since you don't know for sure when to expect your next period. Also, you can go to the nearest planned parenthood and get on birth control there, if you find out that you are not pregnant. They work with you on payments, and are good about confidentiality. Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2007, 08:26 AM
    First I am sorry for some of the posts, yes just one time can get your pregnant and just because someone else has done it a dozen times does not mean your one time can not do it.

And I have to ask, did he rape you ? Why would you choose a person who would not use protection, who brags about doing it with other girls, and uses drugs. Not a prime person to be the dadddy of your child.

So for the future you need to start making some good choices, and not having sex at such a early age would be the best.
    Now I don't like planned parenthood since they normally only want to push abortion and have been known to violate the parents rights but there are many other good groups that will give you good info and help.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 08:29 AM
    That is not necessarily true. The planned parenthood I went to with my first child was very helpful. They gave me more information on caring for the child myself and getting gov. help then they did adoption, and more adoption info than they did abortion. But they did give me info on all options, and then explained that it was entirely up to me. They also gave numbers for counselors. Very helpful from my experience.
    anonymousteen09 Posts: 30, Reputation: -2
    -

May 7, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Thank you so much for your comments. Some of them kind of relaxes me. Fr_Chuck... you ask me if he raped me.. No he didn't. xxAngskixx.. I really appreciate your comment and your advice. I will try to get this morning after pill. I thank all of you. I said I am ovulating right now because I haven't had my period in about 2-2 1/2 weeks. Alkalineangel.. thank you too, your comment really made me think. I'm still really really scared right now and I have a great deal of pain right now. I didn't think it would hurt that bad. He didn't even tell me he was going to put it in, he just told me to lay back and relax. I just laid there and cried. I have no wish to ever see him again. But thank you again for the comments.
    momtofour Posts: 48, Reputation: 16

May 7, 2007, 11:02 AM
    I really hope you are not pregnant, it doesn't sound like you are at all ready to deal with the possibility of being so. And you shouldn't, you are 15. Take a pregnancy test about 30 days after your last period. If it is positive, seek advice and counseling from your planned parenthood and get you mom invloved, she would be a great support system even if she is immediately angry or disappointed. If you are pregnant you can talk through your options.

If you are not pregnant, please do yourself a huge favor and STOP having sex. You have your entire life ahead of you! Do you have dreams, plans of going to college, traveling around the world? If you do, these could all be shattered by you getting pregnant before you are really ready to be a parent. The best birth control is to stop having sex. A child is a lifelong commitment and sex is just an immediate high and self gratification. Wait until you are older and in a committed relationship with someone who does not have a drug problem!
    ABehrens Posts: 28, Reputation: 6

May 7, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymousteen09
    I am 15 years old, turning 16 next month on June 14th. I had sex for the first time on Saturday.. It is Monday right now. I had sex around my ovulation time. I've cried numerous times and I don't know what to do. My best-friend knows and my sister knows. He didn't use a condom. He pulled out though and I know you can still get pregnant by doing that. But he told me that he's done that before and the girl didn't get pregnant and I believe him. Plus, I heard that guys that do drugs or have done drugs have weak sperm.. Roddie use to do drugs... My entire life would fall apart if I was pregnant and I am crying typing this out. I have no one else to ask or talk about this with thats why I'm writing. I am planning on taking a pregnancy test but I dont know how long I am supposed to wait. My period is really really wacked out. I get it at different times of the month, and sometimes I skip a period. My mom was going to put me on birth control to regulate it but she didnt. I am so scared. I don't know what to do. It was my first time. I always wanted my first time to be special but it wasn't. This was a huge mistake and I am so scared.. please help me? What am I suppose to do? When can I take a pregnancy test? Am I pregnant? Please help me.
    Sincerely,
    Anonymous Teen
    Hey, don't freak out yet. You have a few weeks until you can find out. I am not sure what to say except for to take it one day at a time. Pray to God and ask him to take away any worries that you have right now. You won't do yourself any good by worrying and I know that it is easier said than done. I totally understand where you are coming from. I had my daughter when I turned 18 and I was still a kid myself, I could only imagine if I were to be 15 and pregnant. Take it one day at a time and keep me posted on what happens. God usually does things in our life for a reason and maybe this reason is to make you not make the same mistake twice. God bless and hang in there.
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 7, 2007, 06:52 PM
    I doubt that you are pregnant although it is always a possibility when you have un-protected sex. Me and my husband have been using the pull out method for 7 years and I have never got pregnant and my best friend does the same thing also and has not got pregnant. Me and my husband are not ready to have kids but are willing to accept the responsibility if something does happen and that is why we take the risk. I have been on different kinds of birth control which gave me horrible side effects and my doctor took me off without my wanting to get off the pill. We also use condoms sometimes but not often and so we are willing to take the repsonsibilies if I do get pregnant. If I had to guess I would have to say that using the pull out method and it only being one time that you had sex, I think it is a 90% probability that you are NOT pregnant.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 8, 2007, 07:36 AM
    I would get checked out for STD`s if I were you.here you have a guy who sleeps with people without protection.. you are almost 16, do the right thing and at least protect yourself. There is a long life ahead of you, don't ruin it by getting pregnant or getting an STD that could make you infertile.
    Get yourself a test, and if it is negative,always always use protection in the future
    keri2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 10:48 AM
    It's only Tuesday. You can take the morning after pill up to 5 days after unprotected sex. The pamphlet says 72 hours which is 3 days, and each day after that, the chances of it working decrease. If you take it today, you'll be OK. I was 18 the first time I had sex and the condom broke. I waited 4 days before I went to get it and I didn't get pregnant.

I live in California and all I have to do is go to a Pharmacy and ask for Plan B, or emergency contraception. You fill out paperwork. It costs $25. Take the first pill right away and the second one 12 hours later (even if 12 hours later is in the middle of the night, set an alarm.)

If you don't have $25 or the pharmacy will not give it to you. Go to Planned Parenthood or the county clinic and they can help you from there.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Am I Pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I really need some help - I had my periods on 15 Jan (for 4 days). My cycles are usually 30 days long. According to Ovulation Kit - I ovulated on 31 Jan. From 31 Jan till 5 Feb I had unprotected sex with my husband. From 8 Feb I've been having pregnancy symptoms - like sore and swollen breasts,...

Could I still be pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I am over two weeks late for my peroid, I have taken two pregnancy tests and both say negative,could I still be pregnant or is there something wrong with me? Please help!!

Could I be Pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Hello My name is stephanie it's nice to meet everyone I'm sort of new on here and was wondering if someone could answer me. :) The first day of my last period was January 25, I have been keeping track of my cervix and I believe that I had sex around the time I ovulated. My periods are irregular...

Can I get pregnant yet [ 2 Answers ]

I just got off the depo shot on nov 20. I had been on it for 6 years can I be pregnant already. I have the signs of being pregnant but can it happen that quick can it just be side effects of getting off the depo shot. I also heard that you can become sterile for being on the shot for that...

View more questions Search