Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JonR Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2003, 07:31 AM
    Copying DVD's
    I just bought a new computer which has a DVD-RW drive. Can I copy DVD movies from the video store or do they have some sort of anti-copying device that will prevent it?
    J_Dog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2004, 07:13 AM
    Re: Copying DVD's
    Hi JonR yes you can but it's illegal because you don't own the DVD; you can back up DVD's that you own using software like dvd-cloner or DVDxCOPY, these programes are only for backing up DVD's you own (but the programe doesn't know you don't own them) if your going to do this I recommend DVDxCOPY I use this (to back up the DVD's I own) and it's a good programe and easy to use. ;D
    chrisbaker4937 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2004, 04:57 AM
    DVD Decrypter
    I would recommend DVD Decrypter, a donationware program for ripping DVD's. I can honestly say it's the best ripper available and if used in conjunction with DVD Shrink you will be able to back up commercially available DVDs to a DVD±R.

DVD Decrypter also has a forum for members at http://forum.dvddecrypter.com/index.php? (just register) and I am a beta tester for the program so I do know of what I write :)

In the guides section of the site you will find a DVD9 to DVD±R guide, this takes you through step by step how to back up a DVD and also gives you the links to download the software you need.

Finally you really want to purchase decent blank media for your backups, I use Grade A Ritek G04 or G05 dye and a year after I started these disks still play perfectly.

Hope this helps
    grets1333 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2006, 10:54 AM
    Dvd cloner
    Hopefully someone else would have had this problem and can help me. I got a new Dell a couple of months back. It comes with that Sonic dvd player etc. Well I just got DVD Cloner III a month ago. Its suppose to be real easy. Well one month later, I haven't been able to copy a movie yet! They already had me download Nero, and now they want me to download again...
    "Shut down any other burning software, antivirus, virtual CD drive, etc.
    Please download "forceaspi.zip" at: http://www.dvd-cloner.com/forceaspi17.zip ,
    Run "killaspi.bat" in the "forceaspi.zip". Then run "instaspi.bat" in "forceaspi17.zip".
    After that, PLEASE REBOOT YOUR PC. "
    I don't think I should have to download all of this, besides I don't know what this is. The point is, either something is missing on my computer, it keeps saying the ASPI is corrupted, or something is wrong with this tech.
    What suggestions do you have?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copying Music DVD's? [ 5 Answers ]

Help! I have a new computer and can burn music CD's, but can I copy music DVD's? And what software do I need to copy them? Karen, Finland

Copying my personal DVDS [ 6 Answers ]

Is there a program that will allow you to copy a copywrited DVD?

Video Cd Protect From Copying [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to make a video cv. It will make by burning a avi file or mpeg file. Then i don't like copy this cd others. So can i protect my cd from copy other peoples? Please send your replay to [email protected] Yours, Jaferali palakkode

Copying DVD's [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a new computer which has a DVD-RW drive. Can I copy DVD movies from the video store or do they have some sort of anti-copying device that will prevent it?

View more questions Search