Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 01:14 AM
    The Manager
    A new manager spends a week at his new office with the manager he is replacing. On the last day the departing manager tells him, "I have left three numbered envelopes in the desk drawer. Open an envelope if you encounter a crisis you can't solve."

Three months down the track there is a major drama, everything goes wrong - the usual stuff - and the manager feels very threatened by it all. He remembers the parting words of his predecessor and opens the first envelope. The message inside says "Blame your predecessor!" He does this and gets off the hook.

About half a year later, the company is experiencing a dip in sales, combined with serious product problems. The manager quickly opens the second envelope. The message read, "Reorganize!" This he does, and the company quickly rebounds.

Three months later, at his next crisis, he opens the third envelope. The message inside says "Prepare three envelopes".
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 01:48 PM
    Very cute, Clough. :)
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 7, 2007, 02:14 PM
    That's what happened. All I did was this "don't fall asleep while using the nail gun" how was I supposed to know

Name:  avatar_1265.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  6.7 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I really like my manager [ 46 Answers ]

Ahhh, this has been driving me nuts for awhile now, because I have such strong feelings for my manager. He is 33 and I'm 18 :(. We are constantly flirting with each other, and he waits for me after work every night and follows me half way home. He is extremely nice to me, and always wants me to...

The Manager [ 2 Answers ]

My manager was recently let go from his job, for allegedly grabbing another employee by her waist and then touching her. He didn't do it, and she has no proof that he did, so when he wins in court, will the owner of the business and his employees have to give him his job back? By Tennessee law,...

Task Manager [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I've been having some problems ending processes in task manager. After choosing to end a process and answering 'yes' to the warning, the process does not end. As such I am also unable to uninstall the program as the process is running in the background. I have run virus scans and spyware...

Password Manager [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone recommend a user friendly password manager? A lot of the time I get my parents ringing me up with PC problems. 9 out of 10 times it's because they have forgotten their password. So due to this I would like to install something on their PC to store their passwords. So does anyone...

View more questions Search