Ask
    npole15 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Opinion Magazines
    I need some examples of popular opinion magazines to research
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 6, 2007, 07:34 PM
    This is another popular homework assignment - been asked many times already.

An example of an opinion magazine - you know every magazine has an opinion or it would not be on the shelves hoping you buy it. It has a slant that it wants you to either be attracted to it's product, it has a viewpoint that wants to convince you that it is the only right one, it has the scoop that wants to draw you into a certain caliber of reader and persuade you to think what they are presenting is "hip".

So, look at "People" magazine - how many celebrity stories can you stomach? "Time" magazine definitely has an opinion, "The Onion", "World Business and News Report", the list goes on. They are all out there to take your buck and your mind and convince you that they are correct, cool, fun, etc. and the others are not. Even "GQ" has gotten quite political.

Check out your local library.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digital photography magazines [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know what the best digital photography magazine would be to get if I could only have one? I'm a new professional running a business of scenics and landscapes on the web and can only afford 1 magazine. Thanks, J.Wentworth

Cost of Advertisements in Car Magazines in the UK [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know the following: How much does it cost for: 1)publishing an ad in a leading uk car magazine 2)publishing an ad in financial times 3)for bulk sms services

Need some help / opinion [ 16 Answers ]

I've been swimming at the university pool since July and sort of known this boy. It took him a couple of weeks of saying 'hi' and chit chat to ask for my number and ask if I wanted to have lunch (that was August). Although we agreed to meet up (weeks later), he didn't show up... and had some...

Opinion [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone used Ideal In-Sure Push-In Wire Connectors? What is your opinion of them?

Trade Magazines [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any popular or good "trade" magazines that would be instrumental in starting a new business?

View more questions Search