Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roadrunner41559 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Russian Lab diamonds
    Is it true its hard to tell a Russian Lab diamond from the real thing?
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

May 13, 2007, 08:03 AM
    By Russian Lab diamonds, do you mean the ones that are made "synthetically," but in the original, natural way (compressing an amount of carbon)?

I remember a while back on PBS, there was a NOVA episode where they talked about these synthetic, but real-looking diamonds (I don't remember if they were Russian).

Here's a site from the Russian labs themselves (although I guess it's hard to tell if it's just marketing or otherwise): Synthetic Diamonds, Diamond Synthetic, Cultivated Diamond,Simulated Diamond Jewelry and More

Here's a good consumer report magazine article:
    Wired 11.09: The New Diamond Age

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Size of Diamonds [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah! Im in the process of ring shopping, but I truly have little knowledge of what Im looking for. I would like to know the sizes up to to karat and half. Is .75 close to a karat? :confused:

Biggest Diamonds? [ 6 Answers ]

What's the biggest recored diamon din the world? And how much is it worth? Curiousity!!

Diamonds and testers [ 2 Answers ]

What other gems can test positive as a diamond with a diamond tester white topaz,white sapphire??

Russian Lever [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have my grades in 3 weeks and I'm struggling with my russian lever on beam - any sugestions? :( thanks!

Need Help With Russian Girl [ 1 Answers ]

I live in U.S. I have started process for U.S. K-1 Fiancée visa. Also will have to file hardship petition because I can not afford to travel abroad. Please anyone with any info regarding this subject please help!!

View more questions Search