Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2005, 08:56 PM
    Web Hosting computer business
    Hi,
    I have some questions on what line to put expenses for schedule C:
    I have a web hosting business where I lease a server (monthly fee) and resell space to my customers.
    1. Does the monthly server cost go into COGS or Other expenses?

Sometimes I fix peoples computers and need to buy parts. I don't charge them a markup on those parts, just labor. I think of the parts as a "reimbursable" item that I pass on to the customer. I put the cost of the parts on the invoice to the customer (label it "reimburseable") along with labor cost.
    2. Where to I put the cost of the parts on schedule C?
    (p.s. I don't have a retail sales license, so I don't want to get into trouble here... )

Thanks so much!
    Joe K.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 11, 2005, 07:44 AM
    JoeK:

List the parts cost under "Supplies".

List the montly server cost under "Other Expenses", with the entry "Server Costs".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hosting advice [ 10 Answers ]

I have designed the webpage I want to use on an off the shelf package called webeasy, I have my domain name already but the hosting package offered is not that good. The website will be for property owners selling their own homes so I need quite a lot of space. I've been searching on Google all...

Good Hosting [ 12 Answers ]

Can anyone please suggest any good hosting companies for websites

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

Web hosting companies [ 18 Answers ]

Does anyone have any suggestions for a web hosting company. I need to know the pros and cons of both. I went ona site that listed a few of them and compared them. What do you think of these if oyu know them: Powweb - www.powweb.com Ipower - ipower.com Blue host - bluehost.com

Dns hosting? [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me What is the deference between domains with "dns hosthing" or without.

View more questions Search