Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jaws Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2005, 03:38 PM
    Overcrowded
    Im 23 years old and my top row of teeth seems overcrowded. There's absolutely no spacing in between. My buck teeth is pushing out the tooth next to it making it dangerous to kiss somebody without stabbing them. :) Anyway, my wisdom teeth in the back of both sides are pushing outwards towards the cheek. I went to the orthodontist my friend recommends and he said I should just get braces. But it seems like he say's that to everybody. I was wondering if I could just extract my wisdoms and not get braces. Would the tooth next to the buck teeth shift back to normal? Or would braces just do the trick. Thanks in advance for the comments.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2005, 07:40 PM
    Maybe try another orthodontist. A combination of removing teeth and braces might be best for you. Sad part is that our society discriminates on the basis of looks. You will be rejected in both your personal life and work life with buck teeth. It would have been better to have had the problem fixed 10 years ago. Better now, then 10 years from now.
    Jaws Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2005, 10:54 PM
    Oh no... I don't have buck teeth I just called them that because I didn't know what those were called. Front teeth?. lol. I don't know. I have a cross-bite so it doesn't really show that much. But one of the front teeth seems to be getting more crooked by the week because when I bite down, it hits. And I have been told that I grind my teeth when I sleep too. So its pretty much shifting.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2005, 07:18 AM
    Teeth
    Hi,
    I am still going through this teeth shifting stuff at 63 yrs old!
    First, do NOT have your back teeth extracted, if you are not going to have a partial, or some replacement for them. Your teeth will shift back toward the openings!! Your "bite" will also be off, and can cause other gum problems. If you have them extracted, talk with the dentist about a bridge of some type.

Next, I would get a second opinion on what to do from a dentist or other doctor.
    At your age, taking care of them now will definitely be a "plus" for you.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search