Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debbie Bubba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Outdoor floor cloths
    Does anyone know of a floor cloth that can be made for and outside porch? If so--is there a special type of canvas or something else that is used? Also--what kinds of paints?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Please see information on the following link. You may find information that is helpful to you. I hope that you do.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crafts...ths-32482.html
    jpally Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Bubba
    Does anyone know of a floor cloth that can be made for and outside porch? If so--is there a special type of canvas or something else that is used? Also--what kinds of paints?
    You can use the back of a piece of vinyl flooring. Cheap at Home Depot. Prime the back side with Kills Primer then paint backside with any acrylic craft paint or latex interior paint. Seal the entire rug with 5-6 coats of Minwax Polyacrylic (won't yellow/water base). Will not do well in direct sun or outdoors but will be great on a covered porch. I had one in my kitchen for 5 years and have 3 dogs and 2 kids. Every year or so I would give it another coat of Polyacrylic to freshen it up. You can also use oil paints and primer for an even more durable surface. Good luck! JP
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 12:47 PM
    I saw in target today that they have rugs meant for outdoors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Odors from cloths washer [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I have a strong "sewer smell" coming from the washing machine when I wash the first load or two of cloths. After a few loads the odor is definitely less noticieable. Being in the basement I have the drain line from the washer up high than the top of the washer and then inserted into a...

Tile leak from 3rd floor through 2nd floor ceiling (bath) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All: We renovated our third floor bathroom which included stripping the floor down and installing tiles (1" squares within 1' blocks). After our 3rd floor tenant takes long showers we get some leakage through her floor and thusly through our ceiling (which we now have partially open to have...

Floor cloths [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone out there made a floor cloth? I would like to know what paint you use and how you seal the cloth when you have finished painting it. Do you use acrylic craft paints? Thanks.

Kenmore Dryer does dry cloths [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Experts - I have 14 years old Kenmore Dryer, which warms cloths but not dry. Any suggestions where to start ? Regards, Rai P

Proper underlayment for vinyl floor starting at floor joists [ 2 Answers ]

What is the proper way to build up a floor to prepare for vinyl flooring? I'm building a mud-room in the garage attached to the house, 5' by 13' . Presently I have the joists installed and am ready for subfloor. I am planning to use 3/4" T&G UDL plywood, glued to joists with construction...

View more questions Search