Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlyjefferis Posts: 95, Reputation: 4

May 6, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Disappointed,no baby,hurt
    OK everyone really need your help!
    If you have read my posts before then you will know a bit about me!
    I have decided or come to the comclusion that I am not preggy this month due to my period coming 8 days late and with it starting today! 1 I found this really disappionting and sad as really thought I was but I'm not!!
    I am starting to feel like trying to conceive a baby is taking over my life and is all I seem to think about! And I do want it to happen but I don't know how not to think about it so much! Any suggestions?
    My partner and I have been trying 4 3 months and taking prenatals, but I can't seem to relax, I know this isn't long but I'm scared to think what if I can't conceive I would be crushed, there's nothing more beautiful than being pregnant!! It's a wonderful thing!
    Has any one got any heartfelt advice for me will be much appreciated!!
    Sorry its so long

Thank you for taking time to read and answer

Xx
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

May 6, 2007, 01:27 PM
    There really isn't much you can do other than occupy yourself with other things. Just try to relax about it, and know that it will happen when the time is right. I'm young and healthy and it took me 6 months to conceive. I think the only reason it happened when it did was because I ovulated the day before I was supposed to get af. I thought that we had already "tried" for the month, and was just enjoying being with my husband. There really is no way to "forget" about trying. Just try to stay relaxed and don't let it consume your life. Good luck! Hopefully it won't take too much longer.
    kikewrite Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 04:00 PM
    I feel you what you are going through,I really do.I have bin married since July 2006 and bin trying,not successful yet.things happen,I have cried,waited,relaxed and done all in the books,bt negative.bt I know one day it will happen and same for u.enjoy your relationship and tins will happen.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Go to your doctor, and get a pre-conception check up to make sure that all is well, and in order for when pregnancy does occure. This will help ease your mind.It can be SO hard to have to wait for a baby, when you want one sooo badly. I got pregnant so easily and quickly with my first, that when it didn't happen right away while trying for baby #2, I started to really worry. " what is wrong with me. what am I doing wrong. is there something wrong with my husband." etc. on and on the list of worries went. It took me 12 months to get pregnant with this second baby. And it was the very month that I decided to stop trying to get pregnant, and just enjoy being skinny and mother to one, etc that I finally got pregnant. I got so tired of trying, because like you said, it just took over my life. My thoughts were constantly on it, and I couldn't stop trying to find solutions to getting me pregnant faster. If you aren't careful it can really hurt your relationship with your man, and it can destroy yourself confidence. So just try to relax, and take it all in stride. Its so hard, but when you do finally achieve pregnancy, it will make that moment so much sweeter when you see that positive result. Just hang in there hun, you are doing everything right. Just relax, and enjoy the journey.
    girlie0608 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 05:39 PM
    I know exactly what your going through I am 22 I've been married for one year and we want to have a baby we have been trying for seven months know and I am so worried that something is wrong with me or even my husband so worried that I quit my job to relieve stress from my life in hopes that less stress will help me conceive don't give up its only been three months keep trying keep track of your ovulation dates and make sure you have sex during that time I've read that missionary position is best results and then put a pillow underneath you to help the procedure along.
    shand Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Hi there, I'd been married 7 yrs before I had my baby boy in Dec 06. But it was only possible through an IUI procedure. It's a pity I waited so long instead of consulting a doctor years ago. I never thought that either of us had any problems as all seemed normal- 28-day cycles, intercourse during ovulation, healthy diet etc. But there was a problem after all & we had 2 go for the IUI. Lucky it worked 1st time around & we've got a lovely son now:)
    yathink103 Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2007, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyjefferis
    ok everyone really need your help!
    If you have read my posts before then you will know a bit about me!!
    I have decided or come to the comclusion that i am not preggy this month due to my period coming 8 days late and with it starting today!!1 I found this really disappionting and sad as really thought i was but im not!!!
    I am starting to feel like trying to conceive a baby is taking over my life and is all i seem to think about!! and i do want it to happen but i dont know how not to think about it so much!! any suggestions?
    my partner and i have been trying 4 3 months and taking prenatals, but i can't seem to relax, i know this isnt long but im scared to think what if i can't concieve i would be crushed, theres nothing more beautiful than being pregnant!!! its a wonderful thing!
    has any one got any heartfelt advice for me will be much appreciated!!!
    Sorry its so long

thank you for taking time to read and answer

xx
    Relax and foeget about getting preggy. My daughter tried for 8 years and gave up. Guess what? She's due in Dec. Keep healthy, eat right and take up a hobbie.
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Eat right, work out, try and stay happy, healthy, and relaxed as much as possible. And I know this might osund weird, but after your partner "finishes" in you, lift your pelvis and legs as high as you can (try sitting upside down on the sofa with your head hanging over the end) for about 15-20 minutes after every time, it helps the sperm swim! And if after a year nothing has happened, see a DR.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Sorry but if you can not relax and chill out, all you do is worry and get stressed out. It will take a lot longer to get pregnant.

Patience is the key here, If you do not have it then you will not get pregnant.

Some people normal healthy couples. About 85 percent of them it takes a good year to become pregnant. Some couples up to 2 years.

So Patience, relaxation and being stress free is very important if you truly want to have children.

Best of luck.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

I'm so disappointed! [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is 20 and she's going out with a 27 year old guy,thing is I introduced her to this guy last year July and they started dating last year October and they still dating today, thing is the last time we all weren't sure if this guy really likes her cause the next minute he's calling her, the...

Disappointed again [ 1 Answers ]

I thank God for this month,last month went really fast.but I have seen my period again,bt I think I am taking it better this time around.I felt really bad when I told my husband and I saw tears cloud in his eyes, those where really painful. Going through another round of trying,bt I believe it...

So disappointed about the remedy [ 11 Answers ]

Hi every one This is a 21 years old guy . Unfortunatelly I got some hair loss since the spring began. Although I got some very bushy hair ; it is going to be a kind of mental problem for me so that it is almost leting me down and lossing myself confidence. Even I can see some parts of my head...

View more questions Search