Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alanrealcom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Getting rid of moles!
    What's an inexpensive solution to getting rid of moles?
    Regno Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

May 6, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alanrealcom
    Whats an inexpensive solution to getting rid of moles?
    I remember hearing that you should put upturned empty glass bottles into their holes.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 6, 2007, 02:31 PM
    You can buy a gizmo for about $20 at most big box stores. It looks like a giant green plastic thumb tack. It is solar powered and makes a vibrating buzz twice a minute. You stick this into the ground next to their run. The vibration drives them nuts and your neighbor will soon report many new moles in his yard. He has no idea where they came from so just remain mum.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2007, 05:21 PM
    Get a cat or 2.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 21, 2007, 06:46 PM
    I have had good luck with a trap. I think I only paid $14 bucks for it, but they could be up to $20 by now. It takes some work. You need to identify the longer main tunnel, stomp all the tunnels down and set the trap in a likely spot. You may need to go through several cycles of stomping down the tunnels and moving the trap, but eventually you get all the critters. Act fast. If you don't get at least one of the original 2 early, there will be plenty more.

Dogs work well too.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2007, 06:50 PM
    We have the same problem, my answer get two frisky labs and have them play in the area of the holes. Soon enough the moles will pack up and leave their noisy neighbors. This worked for us until a new neighbor moved into their abandoned home a even more frisky chipmunk who now plays catch me if you can with my labs.
    javier28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 08:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    You can buy a gizmo for about $20 at most big box stores. It looks like a giant green plastic thumb tack. It is solar powered and makes a vibrating buzz twice a minute. You stick this into the ground next to their run. The vibration drives them nuts and your neighbor will soon report many new moles in his yard. He has no idea where they came from so just remain mum.

Don't waste your money on that gizmo, I bought it and they just went around it??
    meask1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Moles loves the pests and earthworms undergound. By killing the pest in your lawn by spraying Advanced Bayer Pesticide every 2-3 months the mole will go to your neighbor.
    It works.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 09:19 AM
    I was recently given this great anti mole tonic recipe from one of the ole timers in the neighborhood, You use equal parts of Murphy oil soap, castor oil and some cayenne pepper, mix together and dilute it with warm water, spray mixture in the hole and then flood the hole with your hose. The soap cause the castor oil and pepper to stick to the mole and makes him itch and he generally moves on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Moles [ 2 Answers ]

How to get rid of yard moles

Moles [ 4 Answers ]

how many mol of carbon dioxide is this? m(C)=12, m(O)=16

Moles [ 1 Answers ]

Why does one mole equal 6.02*10^23 atoms?

Moles [ 1 Answers ]

If 2.0 moles of nitroglycerin explodes, what is the total number of moles of gaseous products produced? 4 C3H5N3O9(l) --> 12 CO9g) + 10 H2O(g) + 6 N2(g) + O2(g) How many moles of Al(l) are produced if 4.5 moles of Al2O3(s) reacts? How many moles of C(s) are necessary to produce 3.2 moles of...

View more questions Search