Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meme52690 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Dogwood Trees
    My area got a freeze just prior to the buds on my Dogwood Tree blooming for the spring. Subsequently all the buds on my two year old Dogwood are dead. The tree did not flower this spring and I have no leaves now.

Question:

Should I prune the tree (cut off all the dead buds) or just leave it to recover on its own.
    If pruning is recommended what is the best method?

Thanks

John W. Nichols
    St. Louis, MO
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 6, 2007, 07:58 AM
    I would cut the dogwood right back and let it come up from the root, cut about a foot off the ground. Water well with Miracle Grow throughout the summer to stimulate the roots.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transplanting trees [ 2 Answers ]

How do I transplant wild trees in my yard? How tall can they be to safely move. We have fir cedar and pine?

Peach Trees [ 1 Answers ]

I live in western Colorado and have a small 40 tree orchard. I have two standard Elberta peach trees that are 16 years old and I am going to pull. I want to replace them with a peach tree that ripens about the same time or a little later, but has good color. The Elberta ripens here about the...

Transplanting trees [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Norway (Ithink) maple that is about four years old and about 15-20 ft. tall. I would like to move it about 50 feet. Can I? How

Dogwood Trees [ 2 Answers ]

I had some Pink Dogwood trees. They are now White.What do I need to do to bring back my pink ? Thank You Ramblinrose Texas :eek:

Dogwood tree [ 1 Answers ]

My dogwood tree never has many blooms on it. Is it lacking fertilizer of some kind?

View more questions Search