Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 6, 2007, 03:39 AM
    How to self-pierce? Does ithurt, what to use?
    I have read about people piercing thereself and I have a question. I have never pierced myself and I would not want to but I do have a question.. How would you numb your ear if you pierce it and is it painful. My aunt pierced a lot of the famlies ears but I am not sure what she used to pierce it with and all.. I think she used ice but how does that work. I feel so clueless. My mom who is 48 said when she was really really young my aunt pierced hers and said that it did not hurt at all. I am just curious as to what you use and how to numb it... also what do you use to stelize with?
    gangstaoflove21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2007, 02:45 PM
    I wouldn't recommend piercing yourself, but if so and if it was only the ears - you would probably use a darning needle, as far as sterilization most people use a lighter to heat up the needle and burn off any germs and bacteria. You can't really numb a piercing site - Ice would work, but only momentarily. Usually you use a cork behind the site of the place you want to pierce to catch the needle. The only thing with doing it yourself. Is that you can't use a hollow needle unless you specially order it online - and when you don't use a hollow one the flesh isn't taken out, instead it's just pushed to the side, this can cause complications with keloids and such afterwards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I pierce my navel myself because of a broken promise? [ 6 Answers ]

I've been begging my mom for a belly button piercing since I was 4 1/2 years old. My mom FINALLY said yes after 8 1/2 years (I'm now 13). My mom did something that she shouldn't have and it hurt my mentally VERY bad. She just said, "Kirsten, I'll make it up to you, and take you to get your belly...

Hoe do I pierce my belly button myself [ 3 Answers ]

OK so my boyfriend is going to pierce my belly for me I was wondering how much skin should be pierce?

View more questions Search