Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcjbd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2005, 10:52 AM
    89 accord starting problem
    I picked up car after having new clutch installed... 20 minutes later car died and wouldn't start... Had car towed back same garage and he claimed Fuel Pump went out, but that he got it going again bt tapping on it... I got the car home and installed a new pump myself (beats the $400 he wanted)... Car ran fine for about a day then stalled again and will not start... I checked to see I had spark... I also checked to make sure pump was working and I have fuel up to injectors... I suspected main relay so I hotwired fuel pump and car still won't fire even with pump running manually... I don't think injectors are firing, but I don't know how to check them... Can anyone help?
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Apr 9, 2005, 01:57 PM
    Labman would suggest pulling the injectors (with the rail attached) from the intake manifold, pointing them to something that will not cause the fuel they will squirt out to ignite, and have someone crank the engine. That way you will see if they are delivering fuel. If they are, then perhaps you need to adjust your timing?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2005, 05:14 PM
    Yeah, Crocivic saved you waiting 3 hours for me. That is a little trick out of the factory shop manual for my 92 Grand Am. Too much of the advice in it called for hooking up their Tech I computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1988 Honda Accord Starting Problem... Not Relay [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1988 Honda Accord LX and recently got a new exhaust system and changed the plugs, wires, distributor cap and air filter. When I was done I went to start it up and it won't run. It starts.. revs insainly high like up to 4000rpms and then dies. If you spray carb cleaner into the main bowl...

1988 Honda Accord LXi turns over but not starting [ 37 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a 5-speed 1988 Honda Accord LXi with pretty high miles, but has been running great for the 8 or so months I've owned it. However, yesterday when I was driving to town it stalled at the stop sign. This stall was kind of out of the blue, because I did not let out the clutch too fast...

Problem starting a honda 91 accord [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 91 honda accord that when you try to start it there is a tick tick tick noise. I had the starter checked and they said it was fine. I can sometimes start it in nuetral. It will also sometimes start in park. Any ideas on what it might be

96 Accord Problem starting some times [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a 96 honda accord. It is a 4 cylinder engine and is standard transmission. My car sometimes will start on first try, but most of the time it takes at least 3 or up to 8 times before it starts. It always cranks and all the lights come on, so I am not sure what might be wrong. I...

85 Honda Accord LX starting problems [ 8 Answers ]

I have an 85 Accord LX, carburated. Car began stopping intermitently. Now won't start at all. No spark from Coil. Seems to be getting fuel. Won't even fire on starting fluid. Replaced Coil. Replaced distributer with 2 different used carburators. 12volts to + and - side of coil with key on. When key...

View more questions Search