Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fallout Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Outlook 6 loss of Emails
    I installed windows 98 updates and it upgraded outlook from version 5 to version 6. Now all my emails and attachments are gone :( . Does anyone know how I would recover the emails and attachments ?
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

May 5, 2007, 10:45 PM
    While upgrading from an older version to a new vesion of outlook you should have opted to keep the existing folders rather than creating new ones when prompted. You should have made a back up disk for your old mails to get them back easily to your new outlook folders. I assume that you have no back up disk. Your old files might be stored in one of your folders in C:\ with a .pst file extension. Check and try if you can import those mails to your new outlook (file menu > import export).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sounds when emails arrive through Outlook [ 10 Answers ]

When I receive emails through outlook it goes beep. I would like to put a custom sound instead of this beep. I got it kind of working, what I did was change the default sound to my custom sound but every time I did an error it went off as well as receiving emails. Can anyone help Cheers

Missing emails from Outlook Express 6 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am using outlook express 6 in MS windows XP. It was working fine and suddenly my 4 months emails are missing (sep to Dec). I need to retrieve them ASAP. Kindly help me out in recovering these mails. Regards Afzal

Transferring my emails to Outlook Express [ 10 Answers ]

I had to format my hard drive and before I did that I saved all of my emails using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP Home Edition. The Wizard created a folder called USMT2.unc with two files in it. One is a DAT file called IMG00001 that's 189,959KB, and the other is a file called...

View more questions Search