Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4DAUGHTERS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Flower boxes
    How do I attached 8' long wooden flower boxes to a wrought iron railing?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 5, 2007, 01:28 PM
    I am assuming that you are trying to attach them to the side of the railing and that you do have posts going up to the railing that maybe you could attach them to. The first thing that comes to my mind would be to try using car muffler clamps or any round type clamps. Would need to drill a couple of holes in the side of the box to accommodate each clamp. This would probably work if the boxes are not going to be too heavy.

If the boxes are going to be heavy, then I would try to using ornamental or plain shelf supports under the boxes.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 5, 2007, 01:34 PM
    You might also find some helpful information concerning attaching on the following sitie.

How To Buy Or Build Window Flower Boxes
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

May 7, 2007, 04:46 PM
    I would suggest galvanized "U" clamps every two feet, set on the upper half of the back of the boxes (you can find them either in the hardware or fence departments of your local hardware store).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renewing wedding vows?Is is OK to have flower girl? [ 3 Answers ]

We are renewing our wedding vows after 21 years of marriage, on the 21st of July. Is it OK to have a flower girl or attendant? I want to include my sons in it, too. Think I will have them walk me down the isle. My neiice is bugging me about being in it, but, I'm not sure if that would look right...

Stock flower [ 1 Answers ]

What is the flower stock?

Want to open a flower/gift shop [ 1 Answers ]

What do I need to start my flower/gift shop, besides supplies. I am starting in my home, do I need a license. Also, can u get a cooler by renting or what is the best way to get one? They are really exspensive. Please help

Moles in my flower bed [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. Does anyone have a surefire way to get rid of moles? I know about the spikes and repellants. I want to elimanate them like Bill Murray in "Caddy Shack", but would prefer to not use anything explosive. (Just kidding). Would appreciate any tried and true remedies. Thanks. Dave.

Flower boxes for wrought iron rails [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all - I would like to find instructions for building flower boxes - any suggestions? Thanks!

View more questions Search