Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peachies Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 07:40 AM
    White dots around the eye area
    Hi ladies,

I have been having some white dots around my eye area. I think they're suppose to have something to do with cholesterol. I use to have one on the top of my eyelid but somehow after a couple of months it just fell off. Now I am developing another one. I think they're called milia or something. Does anyone know how I can get rid of it or if there is anything I can do to prevent it from popping up?

Thanks!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 5, 2007, 09:33 AM
    The bumps are most likely milia. Milia are white bumps that form under the skin when skin cells are trapped rather than exfoliated naturally. The white bumps (milia) are the result of using comedogenic creams and lotions. Try using an exfoliant, such as a mild alpha hydroxy acid cream or Retin-A cream to help reduce the bumps. If you don't see any improve from these products, you may want to consult a dermetologist for a treatment.
    peachies Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Thanks a lot prettylady!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having White small dots on PEnis head? [ 7 Answers ]

No pain but having afew small white dots on penis head.. Don't know what happen? Is this a infection?

White dots under eyes [ 1 Answers ]

I have quite a few white dots under my eyes, and I think there increasing as well, I'm only 17 and I was wondering is there any solution 2 my problem, many thanks

View more questions Search