Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happyface70 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 07:04 AM
    What to wear to college graduation.
    Hi

I am in a quandary about what to wear to a morning college graduation. I do not like dresses or skirts but would go with a skirt if I must. Is something lacy appropriate for morning with palazzo pants? I have a nice chocolate brown lacy overblouse and chocolate pants and brown shoes... I am not as you can tell a fashionable type person especially in my later years... :(
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 5, 2007, 07:13 AM
    A dress or skirt is appropriate - you say you would go with a skirt. What about that lacy overblouse with a matching skirt and the brown shoes?

May 5, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    A dress or skirt is appropriate - you say you would go with a skirt. What about that lacy overblouse with a matching skirt and the brown shoes?
    Guess, I will go look for a skirt... thanks you were a big help... :)
    Uber Member

May 5, 2007, 09:02 AM
    I was assuming the graduation robe would be covering what you wore. A lace collar like a crocheted lace would be quite nice.

May 5, 2007, 09:10 AM
    I was assuming the graduation robe would be covering what you wore. A lace collar like a crocheted lace would be quite nice.
    Oh, Dear
    I am not graduating I am going to my grandson's graduation, sorry for not being more specific... :(
    Uber Member

May 5, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Ohhhh.. lol. It is okay. Congratulations to your grandson on this big moment.

You will look just fine and your grandson will love seeing you.

May 5, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Ohhhh.. lol. It is okay. Congratulations to your grandson on this big moment.

You will look just fine and your grandson will love seeing you.
    You were right to assume it was the person graduating, but, I have done a bit more investigating and it seems that anything you would wear to church, wedding, or any solemn occasion is proper... I just do not attend many formal affairs so did not want to overdo or underdo but did not want to go out and buy anything unless necessary. More to give the grandson you might say LOL. Thanks for your input and interest. I feel better about what I am wearing just talking about it.
    Uber Member

May 6, 2007, 09:50 AM
    You are going to be just beautiful. Hope the graduation day is a wonderful family time. Lots of pictures!

May 6, 2007, 02:40 PM
    You are going to be just beautiful. Hope the graduation day is a wonderful family time. Lots of pictures!
    Hope so, I am definitely looking forward to it all... :D
    lacuran8626 Posts: 270, Reputation: 57

May 6, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Anything you might wear to church is probably fine. A suit, a dress, a dressy slacks outfit - it would all be fine.

May 6, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lacuran8626
    Anything you might wear to church is probably fine. A suit, a dress, a dressy slacks outfit - it would all be fine.
    Thanks, I figure all eyes will be on the graduate, anyway, or should be... ;)
    Km104 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by happyface70
    Hi

I am in a quandary about what to wear to a morning college graduation. I do not like dresses or skirts but would go with a skirt if I must. Is something lacy appropriate for morning with palazzo pants? I have a nice chocolate brown lacy overblouse and chocolate pants and brown shoes......I am not as you can tell a fashionable type person especially in my later years.....:(
    Happyface

Wear what would be deemed Classic and yet comfortable. Your going to be sitting for a long time... till your Grandson comes to except his Diploma. If you want some great ideas for very incredible yet affordable attire... check out the collections at Women's Clothing including Accessories and Swimwear at Spiegel.com
    They have Beautiful Tasteful Clothing that are GEMS. You will see if you go and peek. Congrats to Your Grandson

May 6, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Km104
    Happyface

Wear what would be deemed Classic and yet comfortable. Your going to be sitting for a long time ...till your Grandson comes to except his Diploma. If you want some great ideas for very incredible yet affordable attire ...check out the collections at Women's Clothing including Accessories and Swimwear at Spiegel.com
    They have Beautiful Tasteful Clothing that are GEMS. You will see if you go and peek. Congrats to Your Grandson
    Thanks, that was a wonderful site, and I fell in love with the tunic striped top shown with long skirt or slacks... I shall put that in my favorites... thanks again.:)
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 6, 2007, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by happyface70
    Hi

I am in a quandary about what to wear to a morning college graduation. I do not like dresses or skirts but would go with a skirt if I must. Is something lacy appropriate for morning with palazzo pants? I have a nice chocolate brown lacy overblouse and chocolate pants and brown shoes......I am not as you can tell a fashionable type person especially in my later years.....:(
    I think what you you are planning to wear sounds just fine. Enjoy your grandson's graduation!

May 7, 2007, 04:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AW805
    I think what you you are planning to wear sounds just fine. Enjoy your grandson's graduation!
    :) Thanks for your input, I feel better already about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arm bands that I see nfl nba and college athletes wear [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know the real reason that nfl players and others wear those bands on their arms and even lower legs.

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

I'm looking for the perfect college graduation present for my daughter [ 3 Answers ]

Hopefully I'm to the point. Maybe jewelry or other catogory. My daughter really is what I thought is as close to perfect as you can get. With many family problems she went ahead. She's graduating college next week and will be going to law school next year. The truth is Im not a very unselfish gift...

Marriage before College graduation? [ 20 Answers ]

Hey there-- Here is my issue. I am 20 years old, my boyfriend is 21. We have been dating for 4 years, since high school, and now attend the same college. We'll both graduate in 2008 but have spoken seriously about marriage for 2 years. We're both Christians but have had premarital sex (we...

College graduation gift [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a standard $$$ amount to give your child when graduating from college?

View more questions Search