Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Devillier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2004, 12:45 PM
    Canon bjc 2100
    Hello. I have a canon bjc 2100 usb printer. I use a mac ibook running os 9.2.1

As far as I can tell the printer itself works. But lately when I try to print I get an error message saying that "the printer is in use or an error has occurred" (the error message is m311). I think it's my printer driver or print monitor that's the problem. I've visited the website and downloaded the printer driver several times. Nothing seems to work. Can someone help? Thanks.

Danny devillier
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2004, 06:09 AM
    Re: canon bjc 2100
    Hi,
    First, USB connections for printers sometimes work, then again, not always.
    Best connection is a printer cable.
    Next, have you tried going to the Control Panel, open Add/Remove Programs, and uninstalling the printer?

Re-boot, then install it again; But, be sure you have the installation CD, etc, for the printer!
    That sometimes works.
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canon bjc 2100 big problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a canon bjc 2100 printer and no matter what I do when I print nothing comes ot on the page I'm connected via a printer cable I have brand new ink in the printer and I've also uninstalled it and reinstalled the drivers and still nothing comes out on the page but the printer goes through...

Canon BJC-620 problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I have an old Canon BJC-620 printer... well, actually 3 of them... and all do the same thing. When I power up, it does it's little thing then beeps and the error light stays on along with the black ink light flashing and the ink light...

Big problem with cannon bjc-2100 [ 1 Answers ]

I have exactly the same problem as tommyt 's Big canon bjct-2100 problem Someone please respond??

Another Cannon BJC-2100 Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I've just reloaded the printer onto my computer and now when I try to print it tells me there is a paper jam... except that there is no paper being printed.

View more questions Search