Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seoppen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Elevated Prolactin Level
    :confused:

I recently had some routine bloodwork done and it was discovered that I have 4x's the "high" level of prolactin. I did a bit of research and found out about pituitary gland toumor. Does anyone know how often these things would turn out malignant? Or what the prognosis is for this situation? I don't feel like the DR was being very straightforwrd with me.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 5, 2007, 10:38 PM
    Your best bet is to be straight forward with your doctor with some questions of your own. If you are not satisfied with the answers, then I would seek out another physician. Doing your own research is good. But, depending on what you find in your research and then dwelling on it can make you more confused without some honest answers from a live person.

Please speak really directly to your doctor as far as questions are concerned. If you have already done some research, then I am sure that you have an idea about the questions that you might ask your doctor.

If your doctor was really doing his or her job, I am sure that he or she would have voiced some concern about the elevated levels of protactin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Causes of elevated liver enzymes in a 15 year old? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I am 15 years old and weigh about 130 lbs. I was recently prescribed by my dermatologist to get the acne drug "accutane". However, when I went to have my blood tested they would not give me the drug because my liver enzyme levels were elevated. Not sure what these mean, but he has circled...

Ph level? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone, so this is probably a weird question but how do I find out what my PH level is? I need to know if I have a high acidic level or high alkiline(sp?) level and I guess you can find that out based on your PH level. Are there kits for this that I can get at the drug store? And if so does...

How level should it be. [ 6 Answers ]

We have just installed our first above ground pool. It is an 18' round pool with metal poles that hold up the liner (Intex brand). We have checked the water level and found that the difference in water level height is approx. 3-1/2 inches from one side of the pool to the other. Is this a huge...

Elevated ALT and GGT (Liver Tests) [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was required to undergo Liver Function Tests, full blood count and Hep Antibody tests. Everything came back OK but there was a rise in his ALT and GGT levels. ALT was at 67 and GGT was at 94. My questions are: 1. Is this treatable? What can he take or do to normalise the...

View more questions Search