Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harbourwoods Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2005, 05:08 PM
    Email ring sound Notification how?
    I am using Outlook Express 6 on XP Home. How do I set up the porgram that I hear a new email arriving. Either a ring or what ever. I have volume turned on but I can't hear anything. Is there a step I am missing?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2005, 05:27 PM
    Go to tools and the options and it'll be right there in the general tab.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 9, 2005, 05:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by harbourwoods
    I am using Outlook Express 6 on XP Home. How do I set up the porgram that I hear a new email arriving. either a ring or what ever. I have volume turned on but I can't hear anything. Is there a step I am missing?
    Do you have OE set to regularly poll your mailbox on a schedule? OE is an e-mail client. It has to go to your mail server, search for new mail and download it to your PC before it knows whether there is new mail. Unless you have OE set to do that, then setting a ring notification won't help.

If you have a broadband connection this is not a problem, since your connection is always one. However, if you use a dial up, this means that OE has to dial into your ISP get the mail, then disconnect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1B consular notification & SS tax [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently on OPT and have a H1 approved. Since I was in India (for a month after I did my masters from a US university) when the petition was filed, the lawyers filed for a consular notification and without change of status. Does that mean I would need to start paying SS and medicare taxes...

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

NO SOUND after sound card install [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?

Notification Of Bequest! [ 2 Answers ]

Anybody out there ever heard of the subject "Notification Of Bequest!!!" being mentioned in an e-mail? I got one recently. I've seen other stuff similar to this one on-line. I figured it was some kind of scam. Please let me know what you know. Thanks! Rand

View more questions Search