Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynnpal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 11:47 PM
    How are you suppose to clean cds correctly?
    :rolleyes: I am trying to find the best way to clean cds and dvds. I have read the dvds are different than cds due to something with fact that they are thinner, or the way they are written, or something, not quite sure, except remember that it stated that dvds should not be cleaned as often as cds because of the difference. It was an article written from someone from stanford, and even though the article was called caring for your dvds and cds it never did go into how to clean them with out damaging them.
    I have bought those little kits you can buy with the little spray bottle of solution and spinner but not sure if that's the best way to go and I hate to admit it but we are getting ready to move and I just found some cds that have been left out around the house and from the looks of them they have been collecting dust for awhile. I'm afraid I would need to have buy the solution in a gallon size jug and not sure how the spinner would handle that much dust. Hope someone can help. It would be very much appreciated :p
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 5, 2007, 02:30 AM
    From Cleaning CDs and DVDs

Cleaning CDs and DVDs

What's the best way to clean CDs and DVDs?
    --Bob Demetter, Scottsdale, AZ

The procedure is basically the same for both. If your CD or DVD looks grimy or is skipping, it's time to clean it. Pick up the disc and hold it by the edge or loop a finger through the hole in the center. Using a clean, soft, lint-free cloth, wipe the surface, starting at the center and moving outward to the edge. Wipe across the disc rather than in a circular motion, which can cause microscratches and damage the data stored on the disc.

If that doesn't do the job, dampen the cloth with a gentle soap-and-water solution and rewipe. Never use household cleaners, abrasives or solvents on CDs or DVDs. Keep the inside of the player clean by dusting regularly, especially near the loading mechanism. Avoid getting food or anything else on the discs. Return discs promptly to protective covers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What am I suppose to do, girls are so messed up! [ 1 Answers ]

Back in September my girlfreind came over one night and decided that she wanted to go on break... I was blown away cause I didn't not see it coming. We had some minor problems and arguments but nothing out of the ordinary. I wasn't sure what was going on or why it was happening and I continued to...

This brother that I am suppose to marry InshaAllah [ 1 Answers ]

As'Salaamu alaikum Wa Ramatullahi Wa Barakutuh to all just wanted to say hi to everyone,Well there is this one brother that I am suppose to marry InshaAllah,this brother had serveral dreams of me... Let me start my saying that I wear Niqab Alahamduillah,he had alots of dreams where my face was not...

Is this what its suppose to feel like [ 37 Answers ]

Hello Three months ago my dad passed away really suddenly. One month ago, my husband left and said he didn't love me anymore. I believed him. I got all the money in order, went to a lawyer and applied for a new mortgage and bought my husband out. I sorted through the whole house, pictures,...

Heater won't come on correctly. [ 1 Answers ]

When I use the Auto feature on the heater it won't come on but when I put it on Fan it runs just fine. What's causing this?

View more questions Search