Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hurricane09 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Inglis Washer not Agitating/Spinning
    Hello,

I have an Inglis High Capacity washing machine - about 10-12 years old. Just yesterday it quit agitating/spinning. The motor is fine - I can hear it change speeds, and the water drains, but no agitating or spinning. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Bob.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Is it a belt or direct drive?
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 08:41 PM
    If it has a belt, that's where I'd start. If it's direct drive it may be stripped gears.

May 4, 2007, 09:05 PM
    It's a direct drive. Do you think it's the coupler? Similar posts seem to mention that as a problem.

I found this step by step on replacing the coupler for Inglis, Kenmore and Whirlpool direct drive washers. I'll take a look at it in the morning and repost.

Thanks,
    Bob.
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 09:10 PM
    It is very possible, I would almost bet on it. I'm not real familiar on that brand, but some brands can have the gears replaces pretty easily, some brands your better off buying a new washer. Can you take this apart yourself? If so I may be able to walk you through it.

May 5, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Tried this and it worked perfectly. Took about 15 minutes to get the wash apart and the motor off, and sure enough the coupling was in pieces. Picked up a new one for $15.00 and it took about 20 minutes to put back together. Everything works fine now. Thanks.
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Good deal! I'm glad you got it fixed. I'm sure it saved you $$$.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer not spinning or agitating [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore model# 110.28912790 that won't agitate or spin. It fills with water and stops filling at the appropriate amount. But, it won't begin to agitate. I just hear the motor spinning. It sort of sounds like a loose bearing. I have verified that the lid switch works. When I...

Kenmore Elite washer not spinning/agitating [ 11 Answers ]

I have the same washer as SerTam (dated 4/2/06). Model #110.20052 992 The washer filled and the light said it was washing but it was just making a horrible buzzing sound. It was not agitating. I was able to get it to drain though. It also would stop draining if I raised the lid so I don't think...

GE washer not spinning [ 3 Answers ]

I have a GE washer that will not engage and spin through it's normal cycle. It completes the cycle, the pump drains all the water but it will not spin. All other parts of the cycle seem OK. L not start again. I would like to look inside but am unsure how to make my way in to this machine. Does the...

View more questions Search