Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KierstiP-Kim Possible Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Mothers Day gift for a caring single mom and a teenage only child.
    I don't know what 2 get my Mom for Mothers Day:confused: . Im 14 years old(15 in June so I am a MAJOR problem child. And act out for no reason), I don't have a job or any way to get money. My mom Cleans houses so she doesn't get paid much. I can't ask my dad for anything because he lives in MA, and he's never reliable. She's an Excellent mother/Woman. She's Always been there for me through everything. She adopted me at birth, and she does everything in my best interest and we are very close. Also, she has done 2 marathons and hiked the Grand Canyon for "Hike for Discovery" (Thats were she is right now for the next 7 days) and has raised over $20,000 altogether. (all through the Leucemia And Lymphoma Society) and does a lot for the community, and helps out in everything that I am in ( ex:groups, school, my band... etc.)I have some Issues, and I'm guessing that I'm bipolar or something with the way I act. Also I seem to take her for Granted (not purposely). Im just like my dad (even though he left when I was 2) and he's not a great/reliable dad so its REALLY hard for my mom to handle me but definitely does her best. She hardly does anything for herself, cause she's always focusing on me. So when it comes to Holidays, it's REALLY hard for me to do something GREAT for her, because I have no one there 2 help me w/ money or anything so then I feel HORRIBLE!
    Also, we are hardly ever home because we're both very busy (mostly me, and my mom takes me places) so when we are home, we don't get that much done, cause it's finally our time to relax. Everyday when she gets home (around 3:30-6pm) we usually have to run somewhere so our house is very unorginized and oldish (things falling apart) and there's no one else there to help us fix it up, or clean it or whatever, and we don't have enough money to pay someone else to do it, so it's always my mom doing it and when she can't do it, its really hard for her to be under so much stress . So I was thinking about something to help with house, inside or out cause I know that would mean THE WORLD to her, and would make her happy and then I know that I finally did something right for once. But the problem again, is not having enough $ to do anything really SPECIAL, even if it wasn't for the house, if it was was just like a "girls night out" or anything, still don't have $ for it. And I know she doesn't expect much from me, but doing something for her unexpected would be I would just do ANYTHING for her to seem like half the WONDERFUL person she is.:)
    have any suggestions PLEASE let me know. ANYTHING will help!!
    thanks,
    KP=]
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 4, 2007, 06:30 PM
    You don't need $$$ to give your mum a wonderful mother's day present... just be there for her, support her and be nice to her...

Yes... clean the house, yes, make it nice and do something for once... like you say.

You have great ideas.. just follow up.

That's all and she will be delighted.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Why don't you write a letter to your mom that she can keep always? You wrote some really nice stuff up there about your mom, how important she is to you and what an incredible mom she is. If you were my daughter and wrote me a letter from the heart like that I would be sooooooooo touched! I would treasure it always.

You could also make her a coupon book with things in it that sometimes cause friction between you. For instance, if you don't clean your room, put some coupons in that say "Upon presentation of this coupon I will clean my room without delay or argument.". If mom is real tired when she gets home maybe "Upon presentation of this coupon I will help with supper." (I said help because it gets you doing things together which is always a wonderful thing for moms of teens.)

Why don't you try fixing something for her, or cleaning a room for her? Make something and sell it to earn some cash, or weed someone's garden. If you can make a few dollars this week you can buy something at the grocery store and make her a special dessert or meal on Mother's Day. Do you have anything that YOU own that you could sell and buy her some inexpensive flowers or a plant?

I really think that the letter would be a great starting point. If it's honest, sincere and comes from the heart she'll be incredibly touched.

Let us know what you end up doing. Your mom sounds like an incredible woman and just the fact that you wrote that question and said all the things that you did shows that you are a loving daughter.

Hugs, Didi
    brazygirl08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 9

May 4, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Make her a card, clean the house and just be there for her! Unless you know some people that might need help for some money? I know my neighbors used to let the neighborhood kids do things for them for a couple dollars! Good luck
    Kristen
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2007, 12:44 PM
    As a mom, every year I ask for one thing and one thing only, for all of my kids to get along and not give me any grief for one day! That is all I really want. A clean house and dinner would be nice too. My favorite things are letters and notes from the kids. I have a file full of them, especially from my daughter. Good luck, thanks for thinking ahead for her... That shows you really care!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Valentines Day Gift? [ 27 Answers ]

I need a unique gift that will bring a smile to a girls face that isn't all luvy dovy but sweet (not chocolate)

Mothers hating one child [ 6 Answers ]

I am one of 6 children. The 1st 3 were boys, then me, then another boy, then a sister. My dad was career Navy. My mother treated us all about the same, except the 2nd one. She hated him. She wrote my dad letters before my brother was born that she hated him. What would cause her to do this?

Mothers day! [ 3 Answers ]

Happy Mothers day to those that celebrate it today and all those expecting mothers! :)

Happy mothers day [ 3 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all the other mommies out there a happy moms day. Hope you all have gotten pampered, and got to sleep in. And for all the moms expecting happy moms day. Just cause their not here yet doesn't mean your not already mothering them. Big hugs all.

Happy Mothers Day to all of you Mommy's out there :) [ 2 Answers ]

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there, I hope all of you have a special day on Sunday with your child/children :) :) :). For some of you I know this Mother's Day will be particularly special because it is your 1st! I know last year was REALLY special for me, because Mother's Day used...

View more questions Search