Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ludakris Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2005, 06:51 AM
    Tiling question
    I am remodeling my first bathroom. I am planing on tiling the shower/tub.. my question is the transition from tile to painted wall.. with the cement backer do I butt it up to drywall? What do I do about the seam? I plan on tiling to the ceiling to avoid this problem there, but what about the sides?
    Any help is greatly appreciated..
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2005, 09:41 AM
    I would...
    Quote Originally Posted by ludakris
    I am remodeling my first bathroom. I am planing on tiling the shower/tub.. my question is the transition from tile to painted wall.. with the cement backer do I butt it up to drywall? What do I do about the seam? I plan on tiling to the ceiling to avoid this problem there, but what about the sides?
    Any help is greatly appreciated..
    ... caulk the seams together and then paint. Caulk is 'inert' and will form a nice transition between the two surfaces. Use a clear type and make sure it is intended for bathroom (mold-proof... GE is a good brand).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiling my basement bathroom floor [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting ready to begin tiling my bathroom. The size is approximately 5x12 with one pocket door leading to another room. I'll be laying 16x16 ceramic tile, and I have a few questions. 1. Should I cut the tile along the wall where the door is to allow the tile to extend into the doorway? I do...

Tiling my bathrrom floor [ 1 Answers ]

I am putting ceramic tile on my bathroom floor and bought 1/4 inch backerboard. I didn't put thinset underneath the backerboard between the tongue and groove sub floor. I did use the proper screws to anchor down the board but I am worried about the problem of not having thinset underneath?

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

Tiling [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my first bathroom. I am planing on tiling the shower/tub.. my question is the transition from tile to painted wall.. with the cement backer do I butt it up to drywall? What do I do about the seam? Mud and tape?

View more questions Search