Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noeymc Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Gas prices
    Hey everyone who happens to see tell everyone you not to buy gas may 15 te gas prices are $3 and almost evey where so do your part and for all thoes who remember in like 1997 or so no one got gas on the 15th and the price of gas went down alsmot $.30 so do your part and don't by gas thank you
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

May 4, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Boycotting gas for one day will not affect the market. See this link for more info:
    Urban Legends Reference Pages: Don't Buy Gas on May 15
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 12:56 PM
    I don't get it, the US pays so little for gas, why is that? Yeah a gallon is about to be $3.00 USD, SO? We pay over $4.00 USD for a gallon in Canada and no one freaks out as much, and I've had visitors come over from the UK and say we pay less than they do.

Unfair!

May 4, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Well lets see here how much roughly do you make I don't make enogh a gollon of gas is getting to closer and closer to my hour per pay so I am working for really like $3dollars now not really fair so ucan cry some more

May 4, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Comment on Lowtax4eva's post
    So do something if you don't like your prices we are trying to
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 4, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Kudos, for the reminder. Everyone should boycott on the 15th. But did you know, Citgo Gas, owned by Chavez, has changed it's "name" to Petro Gas. My brother, who lives in Alaska, said that's the only [I]major[I][I] gas station in town ( a very small town: approx 5000 ) I still recommend boycott. That's the only way they will see our individual opinion so quickly! TALK TO ME!!

May 4, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    I dont get it, the US pays so little for gas, why is that? Yeah a gallon is about to be $3.00 USD, SO?? we pay over $4.00 USD for a gallon in Canada and no one freaks out as much, and i've had visitors come over from the UK and say we pay less than they do.

Unfair!
    While it is relatively less than people pay in other countries, if my understanding is correct, our recent increases have been significatly more than elsewhere. It's not how much we pay as much as it is how much it has increased.

May 4, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by noeymc
    well lets see here how much roughly do u make i dont make enogh a gollon of gas is getin to closer and closer to my hour per pay so i am workin for really like $3dollars now not really fair so ucan cry some more
    Look, if people don't buy gas on the 15th, they'll make up for it on the 14th or the 16th. It won't change anything. The only way a boycott could possibly work is if you actually affect the amount of gas consumed. A 1 day boycott won't do that.
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Damn, we could all move to venezuela and take their country by storm, 14 cents a gallon, and I was surprised, the UK is well over $5.00 USD a gallon

CNN/Money: Gas prices around the world
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 4, 2007, 01:06 PM
    And switch to a more economical vehicle now! Give up the "image" and look to alternatives to fossil fuels. I'm not a tree-hugger or anything about global warming ( this planet is still evolving, for crying out loud ), but we can slow down the process... The first step is acknowledging...
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Yes! And ethanol is a good starting spot, its cheaper to produce and should cost less once all gas stations start offering it.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Yeah, well where I live, there is a little gathering called the Kentucky Derby Festival going on right now and gas jumped like 50 cents overnight... "ridikulus"! I don't think I can even afford the drive downtown to the race tomorrow... lol.. guess I'll miss her majesty the Queen.
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Hey walmart has started using at least 10% ethanol in its gas... we are getting there. I am seriously considering switching to greasal...
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 4, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    yeah, well where I live, there is a little gathering called the Kentucky Derby Festival going on right now and gas jumped like 50 cents overnight..."ridikulus"!! I dont think i can even afford the drive downtown to the race tomorrow...lol..guess I'll miss her majesty the Queen.
    REPORT THEM FOR GOUGING!
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Can you do that? It happens every year... and during Thunder... even when the barrel price goes down... like it just did

May 4, 2007, 01:19 PM
    I'm not sure it's truly gouging. There may just be a higher demand during those periods when we have tons of visitors to the city, thus driving up the cost.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 4, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    But did you know, Citgo Gas, owned by Chavez, has changed it's "name" to Petro Gas.
    This is untrue another urban legend
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 4, 2007, 01:22 PM
    YES, YOU CAN! It's not popular or even easy. You're fighting city hall, so to speak, because they like the increase in local tax revenue... But e-mailing your local congressional members, and representatives as well, until someone answers. DON'T LET UP! Appeal to the media. Whatever it takes.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 4, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    This is untrue another urban legend
    READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE!

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Citgo Boycott/Buycott
    Adding it's name or changing it's name: Petro sells Chavez fuel! Either way, boycotting fuel purchases effects oil prices. What does that tell us? If we begin to rely on or learn to utilize alternatives, so much sooner the better.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Northwind is totally correct

First on a one day boycott there will be no effect what so ever on gas supplies, the trucks from the supplier comes once a week or once every two weeks to the gas station, so people not buying on the 15th will buy more on the 14th or the 16th unless they just don't use any gas that day

So the gas supplier will see no decrease in sell at all, and the gas refinery will not see even a notice of this.

The only person hurt a little will be the store owner who will not sell as many sodas, candy bars and junk food that people buy when they buy gas. So you will hurt the coke and Pespi company more than the gas companies

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bond Prices [ 1 Answers ]

If the interest rate in market declines from 11% to 8%, What is the bond price at 11% and at 8%? What would be the percentage of return if you sell it at 8%, but you had bough tit at 11%?

Prices do not include T/L/F. [ 2 Answers ]

Prices do not include T/L/F. anyone knows what it means when you buying a car

Different prices for 14-2 NM [ 3 Answers ]

So I can get 14-2 NM w ground at the big store off the spool for something like $0.43/lin ft w/out tax. I can buy 250 ft of 14-2 NM-B w ground prepakaged on the shelf behind me for something like just under $60, tax not included... compared to $107.5 at the spool price. Don't know the grade of...

Motherboard prices [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone can suggest a good motherboard.. like good quality and reasonable price? Somebody told me is around C$500. Is it true? What if a certain component in the motherboard is not functioning well, is it necessary to change the motherboard? Ty in advance.

View more questions Search