Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moneshc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Gas furnace blowing cold air (Bryant 310AAV)
    Folks,

Could really use some help/advice.

I have a Bryant 310AAV gas furnace installed in our home. This is new construction (4 years old) so I assume it's one of the new furnaces that does NOT have a pilot.

Here is the problem:

The furnace is not blowing any hot air. I've turned the thermostat to 74 degrees and its set to HEAT and the fan is set to ON.

I've check the circuit breaker - that's fine; I turned off the thermostat and power off the furnace switch. Waited few minutes and turned it back on and reset the thermostat... but to no avail.

I've put a new air filter in and that didn't make any difference.

We have a gas fireplace and gas stove and both of those work fine... so don't think it a gas flow problem.

Any advice you can give, would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Monesh
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 4, 2007, 10:22 AM
    The more modern furnaces are not user friendly to work on. You have checked many of the items that you would have been told here to check.

Does the fan run in the on position as you say you turned it to?
    Moneshc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    The more modern furnaces are not user friendly to work on. You have checked many of the items that you would have been told here to check.

Does the fan run in the on position as you say you turned it to?
    Yes it does.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 4, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Looks as if your problem lies with in the furnace control board or another area inside the furnace. Sorry but you need to call a professional for service on this unit. As I said in my first post the newer furnaces are not used friendly and if you start replacing parts trying to guess what is wrong it will get real expensive real quick.

A service Tech should be able to tell you what is wrong in just a few minutes of testing.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 4, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Go to the sticky at the top of the H&AC forum. Page down to the sequence of operations of gas furnaces. Follow through to where your furnace fails. Also check the light. Often it is blinking a code that will take you right to the problem. Most unfriendly part is the $300 control board you often have to replace. Over the years we have helped hundreds of people find and fix their furnace problem.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Count the blinking light (on the blower door of the furnace small round window) Three fast blinks pause two blinks = code 32. Count them twice to make sure your counting wright. On back of the furnace door it will tell you what that code means. Let us know I bet out of all of us we can help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace sometimes blowing cold air [ 7 Answers ]

We bought a brand-new house in May 2002. This winter (I don't think it happened last winter) when it got really cold outside, the furnace blew cold air. When it warms up outside, it starts blowing warm again. We had someone come and look at it and he told us it had a 30 degree heat pump?? And when...

Concord 80 plus gas furnace- Blowing cold air & LED Flashes 4 times [ 4 Answers ]

I am a new home owner and have never dealt with a newer furnace. I woke up and the furnace was blowing out cold air. The LED inside of the furnace flashes four times which says 'Limit or Rollout Switch Open' I honestly have no idea what that means and I really do not have the money for a...

Furnace blowing cold air! [ 2 Answers ]

i have been experiancing problems with my furnace blowing out cold air, the first time i checked the code light it was working normal, the second time it was flashing continuosly fast and it meant call for heat, the third time i checked it said to replace the IFC!! i have no idea what the ifc is,...

Furnace blowing cold air [ 3 Answers ]

Ruud oil furnace blowing cold air, fan running constantly

View more questions Search